PDA

View Full Version : Another video monitor question. ( Geeks.com)

lousoz
09-29-2006, 07:18 AM
Hi all!
I was considering buying the mobi cam from costo.com, since they have it for $130. But reading other threads, it seems like the geeks.com video monitor is a much better deal.
Their return policy isn't as good as costco though.
Do any of you with the geeks.com monitor use an Apple Airport wireless network? I people have said that they have interfernce due to their wireless systems, and I would really like to avoid having to pay a 15% restocking fee to geeks.com if this monitor doesn't work with our wireless.

Any adivce, comments, info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Laura

nfowife
09-29-2006, 07:57 AM
Laura, we don't use that one, but we have some other wireless system and it did initially knock us offline. But, we just had to test the different channels on the monitor and were able to find one that worked and allowed us to still be online. However we do get interference when someone is actually speaking on the phone (our phones are also 2.4 ghz). But for us it isn't a problem because we don't leave the monitor on continuously, just use it to intermittently check on DD.

jeniferrlynne
09-29-2006, 07:48 PM
I ditto Margaret. We had to play with the channels, but easily found one that worked with our non- mac wireless,. Our phone doesn't produce interference on the current channel we use, but the microwave does :)