PDA

View Full Version : Birthday/Christmas list for 1 year old?

veronica
10-02-2006, 09:38 AM
In you experiences, what toys are best for this age? DD will turn one on December 3 and due to my clothing obsession, I have decided to only concnetrate on toys for these two occassions. Right now, she has a lot of smaller pop-up type toys. She mostly loves to turn them over. She has the rock and roar dino. She isn't really crawling but I would still like to get her first ride-on. What else is good for this age? Any experience with those large play gyms?

elliput
10-02-2006, 09:48 AM
My DD turned one just after X-mas last year. Some things we received/bought are: Megablocks, wood blocks, Playmobil 1-2-3, Radio Flyer Rolling Pony, playsilks, stacking rings, wood xylophone, tamborine, egg shakers.

traciann
10-02-2006, 09:57 AM
here a couple of things that DD loves

Books
Balls
Playskool Busy Ball Popper (every single kid who comes over LOVES this thing)
Small pop up tent
A pound a ball-we have the Discovery toys one, but Parents has one
Musical instruments
Rocking Horse
A Kangaroo Climber-DD wasn't ready for this at a year, but around 15 months she did great with it. She plays on it everyday.

MissyAg94
10-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Something that she can walk behind and push would be good. Alot people recommned the Radio Flyer Walker Wagon but we don't have one. Also, my DD loves her Little People Noah's Ark and we are getting her the house for Xmas. Baby dolls have become popular in our house lately as are wooden blocks. We don't have a play gym b/c we go to Gymboree but she does love to climb!

Jen841
10-02-2006, 02:08 PM
I second all of the below:
Books
Balls (especially Gertie!)
Tent- A HUGE hit
A pound a ball-we have the Discovery toys one, but Parents has one
Musical instruments
Rocking Horse

An added bonus to a tent is filling it with balls! The toddler tent and pop-up ball pit have grown into our old 3 man tent and always up in the basement. Both boys (1 & 3) play in it daily.

We have the FP walker/first riding toy. It got a year of life with #1, and will get the same with #2.

Music! Laura Berkner Band, Ralph's World, They Might be Giants, Dan Zanes,... are our favorite and don't make me want to pull out my hair. You can get their DVD's too. I get obsessed with adult-like music for kids, I can't handle the kids singing kids music for very long CD's.

Puzzles are fun to start at this age. MD make some great 'first' puzzle type things.

J's favorite at this age was a broom. I know, sounds crazy, but a hit!

We just got the Alex Tumbling mats for our Christmas stash. Great for basement floors etc.

oliviasmomma
10-02-2006, 02:30 PM
All of the above, esp the walker wagon by radio flyer and the rolling pony. DD is 17mo and both of those get played with daily. Other toys she still likes almost 6mo later:egg shakers, tambourine, FP popcorn popper and v-tech steering wheel--which I can't stand, lol!

hanaum02
10-03-2006, 08:39 AM
For my son's first birthday, the big hits were:
- Radio Flyer Wagon
- Mega Blocks
- Baby Tad
- Musical Instrument Set that comes in a drum (brand is Parents and it is sold at Target and I think BJs)

Have fun!
Michelle
Zach (Sept 2004)