PDA

View Full Version : Personalized Christmas Stockings

KBecks
10-02-2006, 12:50 PM
I'm thinking of getting stockings for the boys this year. I like the PBK, (anyone have them, like them?) but wonder what other options are out there. I like quilting best.

Thanks!

JBaxter
10-02-2006, 01:05 PM
We have these from JCPenney. They are like faux needle point.
http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=0&CatID=040959&Grptyp=CLR&ItemId=0f974a3&CM_REF=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch%3Fsour ceid%3Dnavclient%26ie%3DUTF-8%26rls%3DRNWG%2CRNWG%3A2004-35%2CRNWG%3Aen%26q%3Djcpenney%2Bchristmas%2Bstocki ng

MissyAg94
10-02-2006, 01:05 PM
We got the PBK First Christmas one last year and it was really nice. I'm going to wait to buy one for this year to see what others suggest!

punkrockmama
10-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Hey, thanks for posting this! I'm eyeing the train PBK stocking myself so I look forward to the replies. :)

purpleeyes
10-02-2006, 01:19 PM
I was flipping through the one step ahead catalogue this weekend and found this:

http://www.onestepahead.com/product/117/486764/117.html

I'm not sure how it compares to the PBK one, but it may be worth a look.

HTH!

Beth

madelinesmom
10-02-2006, 01:24 PM
I am a little irritated with PB. Three years ago when Madeline was born they had beautiful stockings that were Red with a green cuff and the red had sequins. We had her name monogramed it was beautiful. I assumed that it would be avaliable every year... NOT... Now if I buy Emmy the plain one it won't be as pretty as Maddie and she will hate me growing up b/c Madeline has a prettier stocking than her... Probably being a little obsessive but I don't won't to be accused when I am sixty b/c I loved one better than theother.
I won't order from PB again but just because I am mad, I fee like I have already spent $35 and I should have to now spend $70. I must say the quality is beautiful.

Here are two that I have found that I am looking at ordering:

Exposures have had this one for 3 years that I have been looking:

http://www.exposuresonline.com/exposuresonline/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=Gift+Ideas&SCID=Seasonal/Holiday&ProductID=VSKB

This is from Orvis:
http://www.orvis.com/store/product_choice.asp?pf_id=93YR&dir_id=1034&group_id=11644&feature_id=16&cat_id=11649&subcat_id=11650

Hope you find one that works.

Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05

jmtccw
10-02-2006, 01:25 PM
I ordered the needlepoint stockings froms Lands End last year personalized with our names. I love them! They are really beautiful and clasic looking.

Julie

MissyAg94
10-02-2006, 01:32 PM
>Now if I buy Emmy the plain
>one it won't be as pretty as Maddie and she will hate me
>growing up b/c Madeline has a prettier stocking than her...
>Probably being a little obsessive but I don't won't to be
>accused when I am sixty b/c I loved one better than theother.

LOL! I have thought the same thing. What if I buy DD a stocking this year that I can't match if we have another baby. I can hear DC#2 talking to their Psychiatrist already..."it all started with our Xmas stockings...that's the first time I knew they loved my older sister more..."

Jen841
10-02-2006, 02:01 PM
I second the LE ones. We received them for the entire family last year. IF we grow I will be scrambling for another.

NatalieM
10-02-2006, 02:05 PM
I bought the PB stockings last year. The quality is excellent and we really like them! I purchased extras even though we only have one DD now. Eventually as our family grows, we will all have matching stockings and all I have to do is have the others monogrammed.

I remember growing up my sisters and I all had different stockings. Until one year when my middle sister complained....my mom went out and bought stockings at Eckerds and put our names on the white cuff with elmers glue and glitter! :-) Good luck

madelinesmom
10-02-2006, 02:07 PM
I am just trying to be proactive... Had I done that if the first place I would be in this mess.
I didn't have a sister, but I can imagine it can get pretty scary at times...
Thank goodness I'm not crazy...

Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05

BeachBum
10-02-2006, 06:29 PM
That is a fantastic idea about buying an extra stocking and saving it!

We bought the PB ones last year. They are adorable and I'm very happy with them.

ett
10-02-2006, 07:17 PM
DS has the PBK train stocking. It is very nice.

teachermommy
10-02-2006, 07:18 PM
LL Bean has some on their sale page. I can't comment on the quality because I don't personally own them, but the price is good.

I bought the Lands End ones two years ago and love them. They also have great customer service. When the stockings arrived the embroidery wasn't quite right on one, nothing too bad just looked "off". I offerred to send it back, but they said keep it and sent me a new one no questions asked.

HallsofVA
10-02-2006, 09:44 PM
We've been happy with our Lilian Vernon stockings that we purchased a few years ago. They have lots of options in different styles all available with personalization. I'm hoping I'll be able to order a matching one for DC#2 for this Christmas, but I'm going to wait until after she's here since I'm superstitious about getting anything personalized before hand. We also got matching stocking holders for each stocking.

I also liked the Lands End ones, but couldn't order any because they limit the names to 10 letters, which knocks 11-character names like Christopher.

ctmom
10-03-2006, 07:04 AM
We have the LE ones, and I LOVE them! What I did was order an extra when we had one dd and when we had our second dd, we sent it back so they could put her name on it. Their customer service was awesome. My dh was afraid they would completely change the look and our second child would feel left out!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

DrSally
10-04-2006, 08:43 AM
Great thread! I've been wondering what to buy as well that will still be around for DC2 (or more). I was also looking at the PB ones, the price seems reasonable. When Eddie Bauer used to have a home store, I liked their stuff, but it is no more.

denna
10-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks for posting this KBecks I have been looking into ordering stokings.

Now, I was just curious (before I order and feel silly later) did you get your name or mom and dad, mommy and daddy, etc?

TIA

CiderLogan
10-04-2006, 02:08 PM
We bought some cheaper, non-personalized stockings from World Market for previous years, and this year, now that our family is complete, we'll get the nice personalized ones (probably PBK or something similar). So you could always hold off on buying the nice ones if you anticipate more kids....

Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06

CiderLogan
10-04-2006, 02:09 PM
I am planning to put our names rather than Mom and Dad, but I'm curious to see what others have done!

Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06

bricorssk
10-04-2006, 04:01 PM
>I am planning to put our names rather than Mom and Dad, but
>I'm curious to see what others have done!
>
>Jenny
>Julia, 8/03
>Clara, 5/06

We put our names on ours

mamalia
10-04-2006, 04:42 PM
We bought the PB ones (red with green tops) with the JOY stand last year and it is beautiful!! According to PB they said they will always carry this stocking. So cross our fingers if our family grows we won't have issues. We already thought about what to do with our letters if we need to "size up" - BIL inherits them. :)

We put Mom and Dad on our stockings. But that was because both DH and I come from families where we NEVER referred to our parents (or elders really) by first name only.

Malia

MissyAg94
10-04-2006, 06:17 PM
That's actually a good idea. I could buy all of us nice one's after we have another baby.

shburks
10-06-2006, 04:51 PM
We have the monogramed LL Bean ones and love them! My parents bought ds's in 2004 (his first Christmas) and bought us ones to match last year. Each one has a slightly different pattern but all go together. I think this is one they do year after year, so it would be easy to add on a new stocking for a new family edition!

Susan

Joolsplus2
10-06-2006, 06:08 PM
We have a mantel full of LE ones, and got Leah's (our surprise baby) on clearance as soon as she was born in January, lol.
The girls next door have the same ones and the kids all think that's the funniest (I kind of wish I could keep using the GIANT knitted one some auntie made me when I was a baby...you can shove a ton into a knitted one!)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

jeniferrlynne
10-06-2006, 07:24 PM
My mom did this for the grandkids at her house. We all fell in love with the quilted ones so she bought some at PBK for the existing 3 grandkids and a couple of extra. She had them all monogrammed. Soooo cute. To comment on the OP question of quilted stockings, and since I am a little obsessed with this look as well - I noticed 2 different local stores had quilted options last year. I am talking about non-chain little shops. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for these again this year and at Hallmark as well.

cpapay
10-07-2006, 09:06 AM
We also have the LL Bean stockings and are very happy with them. We ordered DD's before she was born.....and then received 3 other stockings for her after she was born....I guess you can't have too many stockings??

We had our names put on the stockings.

carrie

katydid1971
10-07-2006, 01:44 PM
The good thing about the LE ones is they have been making them for years!!! My parents bought some for my family when my brother and I were in college and then added to them when we married. They add each time they have a grandchild. The patterns change but thats ok because we all have different ones but the cut and style stay the same. Plus the mongraming is free. We love our LE stockings.