PDA

View Full Version : ride on toy recommendations

lisahloo
10-02-2006, 01:07 PM
I'm looking into getting my son a ride on toy for his 2nd birthday. I've been looking at the Radio Flyer Retro Rocket, the Radio Flyer Rolling Pony and the Ride on Excavator by Friendly Toys. Anyone know anything about these? I've read the reviews online, but just want a little more input -- in particular, is the Retro Rocket big enough for a tall 2 year old, and does the Ride on Excavator move well as a ride on?

Thanks!

mak54321
10-03-2006, 01:13 PM
We have the retro rocket. Sad to say, my DD does not like it much though. I got it on sale at Meijer last Dec. I think it's cool with the countdown to blast off and asteroid warnings when you push the buttons. The seat opens up for storage underneath. I think that it might be too low to the ground for your DS. My DD is petite and can sit on it no problem.

If you are local - Chicago suburbs - I'd be glad to let you try it out though.

lisahloo
10-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Thanks Monica, unfortunately we don't live anywhere near you! Thanks for the info!!

oliviasmomma
10-04-2006, 02:37 PM
We have the pony and DD loves it but I'm not sure how much staying power it would have for a two-year old. It is pretty short--but the plus side is that it is lightweight and she can manuver it easily.