PDA

View Full Version : good birthday gift for 5 yr old girl!

anika2005
10-03-2006, 09:37 PM
I am looking for some good presents for a 5 yr old girl. The budget is $100. She loves anything to do with artwork, pretend play and dress up. DH wants to get something educational like Leapster Lmax or regular.
Thanks in advance
Anika

Jen841
10-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Costco has Pretend Play dress up stuff in their Halloween stuff (@$15 each). What about a bunch of dress ups? Gosh, I want to put it together for you!

Another idea is getting a ton of craft stuff and a neat organizer. Does she have an easel? My nieces around that age LOVE all of the foam craft kits.

CD player and music? My nephew loves his boom box type thing he carries around with him. It is like a sceene from a breakdancing movie! Music ideas:
Laura Berkner Band
Free to be Me
Ralph's World
Dan Zanes
Justin Roberts
They Might be Giants

What about an add a pearl necklace or starting a charm bracelet?

American Girl doll?

Happy shopping!

ctmom
10-04-2006, 12:48 PM
what about a one year subscription to this...
http://www.mylilpicasso.com/default.php
or a six month subscription and maybe some sort of art organizer.

someone posted about this site recently, here is the link...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=58805&mode=full

HTH!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

egoldber
10-04-2006, 01:05 PM
My 5 year old DD loves her Leapster, but I honestly don't really consider it "educational". Unless you think about the fine motor development required to use the stylus and the buttons, LOL!

Her fav gifts from her birthday were:

puzzles (60 piece ones by Ravensburger or Melissa&Doug are really nice)
games (Zingo is her current fav)
art supplies
hair accessories and dress-up items (purse, bracelets)

We already have a ton of dress-up clothes, but those are really nice if she doesn't have that.

Another thought is shorter chapter books (Charlotte's Web, Stuart Little) or early reader books (she likes the Frog&Toad series alot).

funda62
10-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Can you please recommend a site for the "add a pearl necklace" idea and charm bracelets? I really want to start something like this for my girls but have been having a difficult finding out were to buy. Thanks!

anika2005
10-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi all
Thank you very much for the qucik responses. Since I didn't have much time to choose, I ended up sending the easel. I think that all of those ideas were so neat. I could use some of the other ideas for Christmas! I can't wait to see her reaction!
Thanks again
Anika