PDA

View Full Version : Compare Italtrike ABC and Kiddio SuperTrike4??

shburks
10-07-2006, 07:04 PM
I think we're down to these two...either an Italtrike ABC Taxi http://www.tricyclekids.com/Italtrike-Taxi-Tricycle-ABC.pro or the Kiddio SuperTrike 4 http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2420023&cp=2255956.2273442.2255961.2256573.2256592.2256604&parentPage=family

I know the reviews for the SuperTrike are great and I think we'd really love it, but shipping is high to our area (Hawaii). We'd pay around $110 for it. I can get the Italtrike for $90. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Italtrike. Apparently it's an Italian brand and pretty new to the US market.

Tires are different but we live in a very paved area (sidewalks, parks, etc) and ds may not use it much on grass and probably never on gravel, etc.

TIA,

Susan

kaileysmom
10-07-2006, 07:12 PM
I don't have any advice, but just wanted to say that I logged on to post the same question! We have narrowed it down to these same two trikes. Can't wait to hear the responses!

shburks
10-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Ha ha! Weird! I chatted with an employee from www.tricyclekids.com and she spoke very highly of the Italtrike and said many people were not yet familiar with it since it was new to the US market but it seemed to be a good moderately priced trike with good quality. :) She also said they were commercial grade (high grade steel) and were designed to take a beating! I just really wanted to find some reviews of it and wanted someone to tell me more information about the seat of it.

I'm hoping someone has some info for us!

Susan

shburks
10-09-2006, 09:05 PM
FWIW, I went ahead and ordered the Kiddio. :)

Susan

kaileysmom
10-09-2006, 09:17 PM
I was thinking of doing the same thing. At least from the reviews we know that's a good choice. Plus the age range is 1-3 on the Italtrike, and up to 6 on the Kiddio. It may be a little smaller. Not sure though.

shburks
10-10-2006, 12:27 PM
That's pretty much where I ended up. I *know* the reviews are good on the Kiddio. Even though it sounds like the Italtrike is a good brand, company, etc, I can't find any specific examples of it! Like you, I was also concerned about the low age range on the Italtrike, so off I went to order the Kiddio! DS's birthday is 26 Oct. (looks like it's right before your dd), so I'm hoping it arrives in time.

Good luck!

Susan

kaileysmom
10-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Good luck to you too! I just wish they had other color options. I think that's one of the things that drew me to the Italtrike. Oh well, can't have it all sometimes. And Happy Birthday to your
DS!! :-) I'm hoping it arrives in time too!