PDA

View Full Version : Bouncy seats!?

charigot
05-20-2002, 12:20 PM
I've heard the best is the Combi Activity Rocker. Anyone else want to weigh in? Thanks for your help!

rachelfran
05-20-2002, 05:25 PM
I had this model - It doesn't really bounce - it rocks and it vibrates.. my son hated it - but then I bought him a traditional bouncer seat and he didn't like that either - He really just didn't like being restricted in a chair, at all - The chair though is extremely well made and very secure - it doesn't compare at all to anything else I've seen.

m2tandk
05-21-2002, 02:18 PM
I have heard good things about the Baby Trend Rythem & Blues bouncer. Some bouncers sit too upright and I have heard of babies bouncing themselves right over! The Baby Trend looks like it sits back a little more than the others although I haven't tried it out.

Kelly

schums
05-21-2002, 02:23 PM
We LOVE the FP Kick and Play. When Alex kicks his feet, he is rewarded with music and lights on the toy bar. He thinks its great, and it can keep him occupied and happy for up to 30 minutes, which is pretty good for an 8 week old. Plus, there is a volume control (loud/quiet) and an on/off button for the music and lights. And the seat seems bigger than other bouncy seats, which is good since he was almost 24" long when he was born!

Just my 2 cents!

Sarah

kateyk
06-23-2002, 10:02 PM
Our daughter just loves this seat, and we really think it is worth the money. The canopy stays put and at 4 and a half months, she is enjoying the toys and grabbing them. the vibration works well and you can rock or "park it." we have recently used it on our patio - it was great!

we have had friends whose son was born a month after our daughter, and they have gone through 2 fisher price bouncy seats.

the extra cost is worth it, especially if you are going to have more than one child.

hope this helps!

katey
- mom to maggie, born 2.11.02

charigot
06-24-2002, 07:47 AM
Thanks! That's very helpful. I ordered a Combi Rocker last week and it should be coming this week. I'm so glad we spent a little extra--I actually got it from Babystyle.com with an online coupon, including shipping, for $56. I thought that was a good deal for a rocker that I'm sure we'll be using with subsequent children, as well! Thanks a lot.