PDA

View Full Version : Swings... ahhhh!!??

jennpetersen
10-10-2006, 05:35 PM
I have no idea what to register for. Any opinions out there?
Thanks
Jenn

new_mommy25
10-10-2006, 08:52 PM
The FP cradle swings seem to be the most popular. We have the Aquarium version. It's nice but takes up a lot of room. You can make it swing front to back or side to side. With DS1 we had an Evenflo swing that only swung front to back. It was a little less $$ and took up less space. I don't have a preference either way since both my children have hated their swings.

Sorry I'm not more help.

set81616
10-11-2006, 11:55 AM
FP has a plug in called Power Plusâ„¢ Swing. It seems like it is like the aquarium that we had and loved but if I had it to do over agin I would definetly get this. It would have saved so much money in batteries.
Shannon

rlu
10-11-2006, 03:47 PM
This sounds wonderful! We also had the FP aquarium, DS loved it and at different points in his babyhood swung either back and forth or side to side, so definitely a feature I would recommend.

Towards the end the mobile part did not rotate, if we had planned to keep it for another child, would have contact FP, but instead donated as is.

emmasmama
10-11-2006, 04:05 PM
I had the FP aquarium cradle swing and both my girls LOVED it... that said, we borrowed the travel version of this swing, which is much smaller, but still just as cool features wise and I thought my daughter looked more comfortable in it and it took up WAY less space. That's what I would buy if I was in the market again - just seems like it would be nice to be able to take it with you or use it in more confined spaces if that's an issue... we had a huge dining room and the big swing just really needs alot of room for the legs and everything to spread out. BTW, that's when you'll really need it - at dinner time! That's when babies are always fussy and the swing is a lifesaver! Either way, the FP aquarium one is the way to go - babies just love all the little fishies and the blue and the water concept seems fascinating yet soothing.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265152&cp=2255975.2256080.2256086&parentPage=family

Tondi G
10-11-2006, 04:43 PM
I would suggest a Fisher price with the cradle swing (side to side) option! There is this new Rainforest themed cradle swing coming out that can be plugged into a wall as well as run on batteries... swings EAT batteries FAST!

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2011&e=detail&selcat=bgsw&pid=38314

HTH's you!

~Tondi

NatalieM
10-12-2006, 07:39 AM
ITA with Tondi. The swing was a favorite with our DD so we got the rechargable batteries for it. We had the FP papasan swing and loved it! I really like the one Tondi posted a link to. GL :-)

tarynsmum
10-12-2006, 08:41 AM
We had/have the papsan swing. I was torn between that and the aquarium one and even though we have a fish theme going with DD, I really didn't like the super bright colors of the aquarium one. Oh, and the papasan has this weird mirror/sphere thing that the babies can look at, it was DD' favorite thing. No joke.

The papasan seemed a little more cuddly than the aquarium (even though I think they have the same padding), and the colors weren't so garish to me.

But, if they had the aquarium plug-in kind that they just came out with, I so would have that instead. The thing does eat though the batteries.

Emmas Mom
10-12-2006, 09:57 AM
I'll second (third, fourth) everyone with the FP swings. The option to change it from front/back to cradle (side/side) is wonderful. We have the Aquarium version & still use it! But, like the others have said they do SUCK batteries & the new plug in rainforest version sounds great. I would definitely have paid for that one if it had been available when we were buying one! :)