PDA

View Full Version : Babybug or Ladybug magazine any good?

smilla653
10-11-2006, 01:31 PM
I just got an offer in the mail from the Crickets publishers and was wondering whether the magazines targeted for little ones (Babybug for 0-2, Ladybug for 2-7, Click for 2-7) are any good. My DS is 16 months old, and I'm thinking of getting a magazine subscription for him (and me!).

Raidra
10-11-2006, 01:34 PM
I think they're really cute, but the boys have never been interested. We have Babybug, and I think we have one issue left before the subscription is out. We probably won't renew, but I had fun reading them. :) We saved them all, too, and they're sitting on our bookcase.

My boys seem to like really bold illustrations, and the Babybug ones were a bit softer and more old-fashioned.

holliam
10-11-2006, 01:42 PM
SIL got DD Babybug as a present last Christmas and she really loved it, and we read them All.The.Time...ahem! Now at 25 mo she is not as interested, but she loves to look at it on her own and talk about the stories and songs.

Holli

SheriRae
10-11-2006, 01:53 PM
I think these are great little magazines. My nephews get Ladybug and Click and enjoy them.

My dd is 23 months and has a subscription to a magazine called Zootles. Each issue is based on a different animal. She LOVES it!! She pours over each page when we get it and goes back to them days and weeks later.

o_mom
10-11-2006, 02:04 PM
We get Babybug issues out of the Library and I have bought a few at the Library book sale for $0.10 each. I think it is overpriced for the subscriptions. We get Wild Animal Baby instead which you can get for like $13/year. I think WAB has more variety anyway, not just stories and poems, but colors, counting, searching, etc. Babybug is good, but not worth full price, IMO.

jgriffin
10-11-2006, 02:25 PM
We just started getting Babybug (have 1 issue so far) and E really likes it. The stories/poems are short enough to keep his attention, and different enough from each other that we usually read the entire magazine in one sitting.

I didn't order from the publishers, I got the subscription from a discount place on eBay.

I had Cricket when I was a kid and loved it. But that's for much older kids.

lisams
10-11-2006, 02:57 PM
We've had both, started with Babybug and now get Ladybug. I really like them, and DD always looks forward to getting one in the mail. The stories in Ladybug have a variety of levels, from short stories to longer ones. There are also poems, songs, and usually a cut out mini book of some kind. We liked Babybug, but DD seems to enjoy Ladybug a little more, maybe it's because she's older.