PDA

View Full Version : Where can I return without a receipt?

kelly ann
10-11-2006, 03:41 PM
DS has already received a couple of early birthday gifts that are duplicates or he is too old for. I know TRU and Target are out of the question. I am sure the gifts were bought at one of the larger stores...one is a fisher price trike. Maybe my best bet is to just regift or leave it at the grandparents house for the kids to play with.

ajmom
10-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Try WalMart. They take everything...

ECMom
10-11-2006, 04:52 PM
All the large chain stores - Target, Wal-mart, K-mart, Toys R Us - require a receipt these days. It has become so frustrating. Our local Target and Toys R Us automatically give gift receipts, which I think is a good idea. However, getting people to include the gift receipt is another issue.

Back on subject, I store such gifts & then donate them at the Christmas time toy drives (e.g., Salvation Army Angel Tree, Toys for Tots).

lhk777
10-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Did you try Costco?

If you bring it to their Customer Service desk they can scan it to see if the item comes up in their system. If so, I think you can return it for cash back.

-Linda

Twin Mom
10-11-2006, 07:20 PM
I've recently returned stuff at Walmart without a receipt.

I'm in the same boat. My twins b-day party was last weekend and except for a few close friends, noone gave gift receipts. It is soooo annoying especially since Walmart has the cheapest prices so you probably aren't even getting back what the person paid.

kelly ann
10-11-2006, 10:06 PM
I guess I could try Wal-Mart. I haven't been in a Wal-mart in years (I am a Target gal), but maybe it is worth a try. I do like the idea of donation if it doesn't work out. Maybe even our preschool could use the trike.

Thanks for the ideas.