PDA

View Full Version : Question for PBK anywhere chair/Target knock-off owners

Jenn98
10-11-2006, 06:16 PM
We just got the Target knock-off of the PBK anywhere chair today and it is an understatement to say that DD is in LOVE with this chair! I'm wondering if anyone scotch guarded their chair, or did anything to help protect the cover? I got it in red, so it won't show as much as a light pink chair, but if I can do something to help it look nicer for longer I will. I've never scotch guarded anything so any tips would be great! TIA!

emmasmama
10-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Don't see why you couldn't scotch guard it, although what exactly is in Scotchguard? I would just check to make sure there is nothing too scary in there. I've scotchguarded things before and you would want to do it outside and really do an even coating of the fabric. You would test a spot underneath to make sure it doesn't alter the color. But I would say, if the cover is machine washable, I would think I'd just take it off and wash it if you get a bad spill. Not sure if it's worth the effort to Scotchguard or not.

I don't actually have this chair but I've been looking at them for my 2 girls. Did you order it online or is it available at the store too? Do you know if it's the same size at the PBK one?

Jenn98
10-11-2006, 06:34 PM
It's not in the store - only online. There was a recent thread about it here. It's on clearance and we bought it for Christmas, but I opened it to be sure it was okay and DD insisted on playing with it - what could I do? ;) I have no idea how it compares in size to the PBK chair. HTH!

elliput
10-11-2006, 06:38 PM
I just received mine today also. I think the chairs are just available online. Something interesting that I noticed - the bottom of the shipping carton says Land of Nod. Upon checking out the Land of Nod website, it appears these chairs are the same design (arched back). Is Target the parent company of Crate and Barrel and thusly Land of Nod? Inquiring minds...hmmm...

newnana
10-12-2006, 08:38 AM
I have it in red and wish I'd scotch guarded it. I've only had it since about a week after the first thread was posted. Same scenario, DD is in LOVE with this chair. DH gave her some cheese while she was sitting in it and it's pretty noticeable. Now I'm thinking I will do it after I wash it the first time to get that cheese out. I scotch guard lots of stuff like that and have never had a problem. HTH,
Michelle

dules
10-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Sweet deal if it is! :)

We have the PBK chair in red and the cover washes well. We did not scotchguard due to my pathological fear of chemicals in close contact with DD, lol. (My hangup, not meaning to start a big thing).

My house is a dust collector with 2 cats, so the red does show the dust pretty quickly.

Mary