PDA

View Full Version : ISO: baby book for big brother-to-be

jgriffin
10-13-2006, 11:56 AM
We'd like to get a book for E so he can start thinking about having a new baby in the house. He'll only be 22mo when the baby arrives, so I'm not sure I'm ready to start explaining everything to him right now, kwim? Just something that says there's a new baby growing inside Mom, and soon he'll be a big brother.

Any suggestions?

jec2
10-13-2006, 12:33 PM
A friend bought us the "Waiting for Baby" and "My New Baby" when we found out I was pregnant. They are darling little books and there are no words so you can make up your own story. Our toddler loves them.

http://tinyurl.com/sc4aa

cric
10-13-2006, 03:26 PM
I really liked "Hello Baby" by Lizzy Rockwell. It has great pictures to help the child understand the baby is growing inside mommy, etc. The best part though, if you are going to nurse, is that it talks about mommy nursing the baby and how mommy's breasts make milk that is perfect for baby. I can't give it full credit for the fact that my oldest had no problems with me nursing the baby, but I'm sure it helped! (Aaron was almost 2 when Nate arrived. Sure, this book may go more indepth than you are thinking of, but they understand more than you would think.)

ETA: I was worried about the nursing thing since Aaron was nursed for almost 19 months when he stopped due to lack of milk.