PDA

View Full Version : Very simple card memory game??

aliceinwonderland
10-21-2006, 08:36 PM
I ordered what I thought was one and it turned out to be something entirely different. What's a good very first, very simple "game" with a couple of cards and such? Thanks in advance.

barbarhow
10-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Hi Eri! I took a regular set of memory game cards and removed almost all. I think I kept a total of 10 cards to play with-5 pairs. It seemed to work. We have now moved on to candyland, though. HTH.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

kijip
10-22-2006, 12:32 AM
We just got a basic Memory card game (the Memory brand one.) Like Barbara, we just started with a few pairs of cards. We added in more as he got better but now he is obsessed with Hi Ho Cherrio, the counting game with little plastic cherries. Still, I suggest just getting a memory game and pairing down on the sets of cards. Then when our kids are older and smarter, we can just use the same game, adding back in all of the cards. Cheap. I like cheap.

neeter
10-22-2006, 07:16 AM
We did the same -- used the regular Memory Game cards. DS was sort of young (just turned 2) so we turned the cards right side up and let him do matching, which he loves. Still need to do the "memory" part of the game, but for now he enjoys it!

brittone2
10-22-2006, 08:47 AM
We have the Eeboo game "Life on Earth" which is basically just like Memory but I like the pictures better ;)

As the PPs did, we just started w/ about 10 cards and gradually worked our way up to playing with more. I also do this regularly depending on how long *I* want to play...fewer cards comes in handy when I don't have time or am not in the mood to play a lengthy game LOL.

ETA: Not necessary, and I haven't seen it, but Haba carries "Mini Memo" games which I think may be small travel sets? Not sure though.

aliceinwonderland
10-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Do any B&M stores have these? Like Target, TRU, indi toy stores? i am not feeling the pay for shipping thing since I am still peeved at self for ordering something completely idiotic in the first place.

Thanks.

holliam
10-22-2006, 10:21 AM
We have the Life on Earth one too, thanks to Beth and Logan! :) Mari loves it! I know our local indi toy stores and educational stores carry Eeboo games.

Holli

aliceinwonderland
10-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Thanks again. Ordered that and the cherry counting one online after all(BUT, free shipping, LOL).

brittone2
10-22-2006, 12:08 PM
I hope your little guy enjoys them both, Eri!

My DS likes the Hi Ho Cherro Oh game as well. He rarely makes it through a full game and needs a lot of reminders but he enjoys it!

sdbc
10-22-2006, 01:49 PM
DD likes carrying the cherries around and pretending to eat them. :)
Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

kijip
10-22-2006, 02:00 PM
>My DS likes the Hi Ho Cherro Oh game as well. He rarely makes
>it through a full game and needs a lot of reminders but he
>enjoys it!

Toby loves that game so much the plastic cherries show up in my dreams, I am not kidding. He will play it for himself and his stuffed toys and doll if he wants to play more than I am willing.

brittone2
10-22-2006, 08:38 PM
LOL!!!