PDA

View Full Version : Will Elmo be back before Christmas?

veronica
10-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Any ideas on how to get a TMX Elmo without paying more than retail?

ellies mom
10-23-2006, 12:00 PM
I would just wait. And maybe this makes me a scrouge but if I couldn't get it at retail I wouldn't buy it at all. I'd set aside the money and buy it after Christmas when there will be a ton on the shelves. I'm sure your child won't mind in the least. I

sdbc
10-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Yeah, they will. This is probably all a marketing strategy to up the hype.
Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

calv
10-23-2006, 01:03 PM
no idea but i know the fisher price website says not in stock till 2007. Eeeekk

gordo
10-23-2006, 07:11 PM
The sister of a friend of mine works at TRU and told me that TRU has purposely pulled them from the shelves to work the hype. Supposedly there will be a bunch out the day after Thanksgiving.

HallsofVA
10-23-2006, 08:44 PM
My assumption as to the statement on the FP website is that they aren't going to compete against their retail distributors for sales and demand until after the Holiday season.

vdrake71
10-24-2006, 03:30 PM
One of my friends just bought one from Kohls. She said she called every morning and one morning they said that they had one in. She rushed to the store and found one of the shelf.

aliceinwonderland
10-24-2006, 10:40 PM
FYI-- SIL found this for us in a *midday* routine shopping trip to Target. There were three on the shelf at the time. So, I really do not think it's as rare as they wish us to think. But, I had made up my mind I would not actively seek it (call, stay in line, pay a cent more over the already hefty retail price, etc), so just asked family and friends to keep an eye out, which worked! Good luck :)

funda62
10-25-2006, 03:48 AM
Well, do you need to him to speak English? LOL, there were tons left on the shelves in France when we went last week.

buddyleebaby
10-26-2006, 01:43 AM
AS OF RIGHT NOW,
they are in stock on the toysrus website.
Hurry, they go fast.

veronica
10-26-2006, 12:07 PM
So-I am at work by 6 am. and was not up getting my emails to order online. Even when I did get in and called by 7 am, they said they were sold out in 3 minutes! I did confirm he will be in stores on Sun. morning but am wondering what time to stand in line if stores open at 10. Is 7 am too late?

mommabear
11-29-2006, 03:01 PM
I just got 2 at my Target in Austin Texas. They are $35 and only had about 10 left.

icunurse
11-29-2006, 03:05 PM
I just saw one of the company big-wigs on TV the other day saying that they will have enough to meet consumer demand in time for Christmas. he said to just keep checking your local stores. Hope that is true for everyone who wants one!

clc053103
11-29-2006, 07:58 PM
My sister got one at TRU for me on saturday night- said there were 8 just sitting on the shelves. She didn't understand it- actually stopped a store employee to ask if it was "the" Elmo b/c she expected people to be wrestling for them in the aisles! Apparently,when they come in they just put them on the shelves- so it's hit or miss.

I also heard they had plenty to go around at Sesame Place if you happen to live in the PHila/NJ area.

I tried to get one the day before from etoys.com and kbtoys.com after I got the "In stock at 1" email- their system locked up and even when I was able to get one in my shopping cart, when I went to check out it said the quantity I requested (1) was not available.

I saw one in the paper today for $350- I hope they flood the retail stores with them so vultures like that are stuck with a doll they can't sell.