PDA

View Full Version : Dolls for 1 yr old

niecie
10-23-2006, 01:39 PM
My DD is turning 1 and I want to get her some dolls(she doesn't have any right now). Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking about a Bitty Baby, but I have no clue about dolls. Any other dolls that are cute and huggable? Thanks.

ellies mom
10-23-2006, 06:21 PM
The Corolle Calin is very popular with the younger girls and comes in a billion different variations for less money than the Bitty Baby. They are very sweet looking and seem huggable. They are sized right for the younger children also.

madelinesmom
10-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Madeline got Calin for her first birthday and still prefers it to all other dolls... Emily will get one in about six weeks for her first birthday...

Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05

squimp
10-25-2006, 04:50 PM
DD loves her Corolle Calin - we got it from kidsurplus for about $20. I like it's sweet face better than the Bitty baby's. She got it over two years ago, and still loves it. Today she decided she needs a high chair for that baby in particular.

madelinesmom
10-25-2006, 05:07 PM
You may have a hard time with a high chair and Calin... She is pretty small and doesn't fit well. Madeline refuses to use her bigger baby she got last year with the high chair she still just plays with Calin... I could have saved the $40 on the new bigger baby that cried and took a bottle...Oh Well...

Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05

squimp
10-25-2006, 10:21 PM
We have a plastic one that she fits perfectly in that we received as a gift, but of course I (ooopps I mean she) really want a nice wooden one that will fit all of her baby dolls. I'm sure DD will make it work, she's really determined ;)! She'll want me to make a booster seat for her baby.

tiapam
10-26-2006, 11:30 PM
I think the bitty baby is kind of heavy for that age. You might wind up carrying it yourself sometimes, so that is important. DD has one of the Madame Alexander baby dolls and I think it is cute.

-Pam

DD - Two years old!