PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Step 2 Music in Motion Roller Coaster?

gr8danemom
10-27-2006, 04:54 PM
I just came across this toy online and it looks really cute but is it worth the $$$?

Thanks!
Patty

Twin Mom
10-28-2006, 11:34 PM
I don't have it but I did buy it for my twins when they were young. They were too scared to ride on it so I ended up returning it. Once they were older, I took them to a toy store that had it on display and of course they loved it, but I thought by then they were a little too old so it wasn't worth buying.

I think if your DC is small it is a good investment b/c the weight limit is around 35 lbs. If you have a DC that is on the larger side, then it might not be worth it b/c they would "outgrow" it quickly.

I ended up getting the Step 2 Up and Down Coaster which is a lot cheaper and easier to find on ebay. I bought one that came with 2 cars so that each twin could have their own. They still play with it and they just turned 4.

HTH.

goodnightmoon
11-13-2006, 01:11 AM
I bought this for dd last Christmas, when she was 10 months old. She seemed unsure about it the first few times she rode it, but then really started to like it around 12 months. Sometimes I would sit in the middle and tickle her when she came around, or hand her things that she'd hand back the next time around, but a lot of times she'd play with a doll or toy while going around for a loooooong time. She's now 21 months and still loves it. She'll walk over now and climb on herself, fasten the seat belt and turn it on.

I paid around $180 for it, I think, from a local store in NC. It was definitely worth it for us.

Laura
DD Feb 2005

DebbieJ
11-13-2006, 11:26 AM
I saw something like this available at Aldi right now.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg