PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dissappointed in their custom bath boat?

kcimato
10-28-2006, 05:30 PM
I just received my 2 custom bath boats and am dissappointed in them. I had bought 2 of the pirate ships and loved them so much I decided to order 2 customs for my other 2 grandchildren. One was supposed to be a fairy theme the other a Texas Longhorn theme. Well, the fairy one has just flowers a crown and a butterfly and ladybug on it. The longhorn one does have a longhorn symbol and a little sign that says 2005 champs. On the top is a hammer ball boat and a block. Not at all what I expected. If I had know, I would have just gotten the pirate ships like the first 2.

Ceepa
10-28-2006, 06:35 PM
The longhorn one does
>have a longhorn symbol and a little sign that says 2005
>champs.n top is a hammer ball boat and a block. Not at all
>what I expected.

Is it that there aren't more references to the Longhorns on the boat or that they also included all of the other stuff? It sounds odd. Do you have a picture of it?

-Ceepa

LBW
10-28-2006, 07:40 PM
It's too bad that you're disappointed. I love ours! I ordered a custom baby boat for my younger son...it's only "custom" b/c his name and birth info was added. For my older DS, I ordered a dinosaur boat and it's great! It even has dino fabric for the sail.

You know, I bet you're grandchildren will be thrilled with them!

Corie
10-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Kathy,

I would have been disappointed too! It would have been cool
to have a burnt orange flag for the ship and along with the
Longhorn symbol, he could have drawn the state of Texas :)
and a football.

I didn't order any of the custom boats for this exact reason!
I was afraid that they wouldn't live up to my expectations.
My husband tells me all the time that my expectations are always
set too high. What? No way!

kcimato
10-29-2006, 05:01 PM
OK Corie, that is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe even have the boat painted burnt orange and a football or goal posts. I guess I should have been more specific but he wrote back when he confirmed my order and said that UT was the most requested school for bath boats!!

I'm not very creative so I left it up to him. I do love the boats and I know the GKs will love them too.

eb1
10-29-2006, 09:58 PM
Yes, I was disappointed with my bath boats, not with the quality of the boats, but with the custom designs I received--for the same reasons you are citing. And the custom designs I had requested were pretty basic/easy. Seriously, I wish I could have asked for the boats bare and painted them myself! I contacted them too, and received no apology or explanation--very frustrating.