PDA

View Full Version : Help in rounding up my little guy

jess
10-28-2006, 11:44 PM
I have a quick moving almost eight month old who is fast approaching the wieght limit for many of the items I depend on every day (jumper, saucer, etc...). While I don't keep him trapped up the majority of the time, I like to have an option for when I need to prepare dinner or take a shower. Does anyone know if there are any other of these play-things that will allow for a larger baby? I do have a pack-n-play, but it elicits screams if I even walk near it with him. Any suggestions as to how to free my hands for a few moments would be so appreciated! Thank you!

brittone2
10-29-2006, 08:11 AM
it wouldn't help with showering as much, but are you open to babywearing? A mei tei style sling or an Ergo in a back carry would work well for prepping dinner.

For showering, can he sit on the floor of the shower yet (is he stable enough) while you shower? Can you just babyproof the bathroom and put a few toys on the floor for him? That's what we did when DS outgrew his bouncey seat, which was really the only item we used of the above.

dules
10-29-2006, 08:20 AM
One Step Ahead has a modular, plastic playpen with built in busybox. My DD liked that - the pack n play was for sleep but the playpen was for play.

I second the idea of babywearing whenever you can.

Mary

kochh2
10-29-2006, 08:20 AM
ITA with Beth, and when we are at that stage, DS was not satisfied with not being able to see me and do what i was doing, so i bought some solar veil and made a ring sling to wear him in the shower... I know, not exactly the most relaxing of showers, but it go tthe job done in showers and pools... i'm so glad i made it when i did, i got a lot of use out of it!! There are definitely already made mesh type slings for water wear if you don't sew!
:)

SnuggleBuggles
10-29-2006, 08:24 AM
For showers...I did those when dh was home or I took ds in with me.

For cooking...ds would be in his high chair or in the family room right there in line of the kitchen (open floor plan). We had the furniture anchored, gates at the 2 entrances and all the other safety things we could think of so that I wouldn't have to worry and ds could have a space where he was free to play.

Baby wearing is great for some things too. I think they actually make a mesh, water OK sling. Cooking? I wouldn't do that while holding a baby if hot or sharp things were involved.

GL! I too had a busy baby who walked at 9 months. :)

Beth