PDA

View Full Version : Castle for almost 7 year old

teachermommy
10-29-2006, 10:34 AM
My almost 7 year old just informed that that all she really wants for Christmas is a castle and some princesses, knights, dragons, and unicorns. I found quite a few to pick from on creativebrains.com but I'm overwhelmed. The Schleich ones look neat, but I like the idea of a castle that can open and close for storage- like the M&D one. What do you think? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

emilyf
10-29-2006, 04:56 PM
I'd probably go with playmobil for this-they have several castles I think, and their sets have so many great details and accessories. My brothers and I played with our playmobil sets for a long, long time.
Emily mom of Charlie born 11/02 and Zoe born 9/05

kaitlinsmommy
10-29-2006, 05:29 PM
PBK has two awesome castles right now! My dh is planning to buy both of them for our ds (a future gift) but I know my dd loved playing with it in their store too.

Papo & Schleich both make great play figures for castles.

teachermommy
10-30-2006, 08:38 AM
Do you know if the Papo or Schleich figures fit in the PBK castles? Thanks.

kboyle
10-30-2006, 09:56 AM
yeah, i agree, we LOVE playmobil here and so does my 8 year old neice. :)

MamaKath
10-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Was she able to show you something she specifically liked or describe in further detail her "vision" of it? I would also think of Playmobil first. If she is thinking wooden I would look at www.magiccabin.com I know my 7yo thinks the FP Little People one is fun, but we don't have it at home.

Here is one... pricey but cool
http://www.magiccabin.com/magiccabin/product.do?section_id=0&bc=1004&pgc=808&cmvalue=MCD|0|Normal%20Search%20Result|P1

HTH~

Corie
10-30-2006, 10:04 PM
This brand was posted awhile ago by Rebekah. She has some
totally awesome gift ideas!!

She recommended the brand called, Le Toy Van. They have
some really cute castles.
Here is their website. Click on "FairyLand" icon, top left.

http://www.letoyvan.com/

zen_bliss
11-01-2006, 07:31 PM
see the post about the maxim sir roderick's castle find fro $64.99 at homeGoods. it's a huge wooden castle with sides that can swing out for play and swing back in for storage. certain slats of the castle can be removed, there's a drawbridge, a door within a door, and a secret stairway.

kaitlinsmommy
11-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Both Papo & Schleich figures fit in the PBK castles (Papo is a little smaller). Dh actually went to the store with the figures to see if they worked. I think PBK is also selling the figures now too.

jestagrl79
11-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Smart Bargains has the Maxim Sir Roderick Castle for $44.98. Good deal!

Megs

http://b1.lilypie.com/mrXym5/.png

teachermommy
11-03-2006, 08:38 AM
This is a great price. Has anyone ever ordered from here before? I had never heard of Smart Bargains and I'm a little leary of trying a new site without some feedback.
Also do the Schleich figures fit in this castle? Thanks.

jestagrl79
11-03-2006, 04:41 PM
I haven't ordered from here, but I see FatWallet offers 5% cash back, there is free shipping on $75 or more, and 12% off orders for first time customers.

Megs

http://b1.lilypie.com/mrXym5/.png

bunnisa
11-03-2006, 05:23 PM
>This is a great price. Has anyone ever ordered from here
>before? I had never heard of Smart Bargains and I'm a little
>leary of trying a new site without some feedback.
>Also do the Schleich figures fit in this castle? Thanks.

I've ordered from them several times (most recently a few days ago) with great results.

...blessed wife and mama to two!

"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-Justin Torres

teachermommy
11-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Thanks to this board I just ordered the Maxim castle from Smart Bargains and saved over $100! I hope my daughter likes it. Now I'm off to find some Schleich or Papo figures to go with it.

LBW
11-04-2006, 07:48 AM
Do you have the maxim castle? Which figures do you use with it?

Thanks!