PDA

View Full Version : Which DVD to get after Baby Signing Time

94bruin
10-30-2006, 12:53 AM
My 17 mo old daughter really enjoys her Baby Signing Time DVDs. She can sign many of the words in both of the DVDs. We play the CDs all the time in the car. I really like how the DVDs are geared towards the younger set. My question is which of the regular Signing Time DVDs should I get next? I know that there is a lot of overlap with the first three DVDs.

Also, since these DVDs are the only TV my daughter watches, will she like the other Signing Time DVDs as much? The songs, animation and younger kids are such a plus on the Baby ST set.

Canna
10-30-2006, 08:16 AM
We have never tried the Baby ST but were loaned several of the regular ST and they were a hit with my DD. I don't recall exactly how old she was when we got them, but probably younger than your DD. She likes them and I have been surprised how many signs she has actually learned from them!

A skeptic, I kind of thought the videos were just to entertain, reinforce signs the parents use, and to teach the parents the signs, especially with such a young toddler. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that DD had learned signs for pretty much ALL the fruits and vegetables which DH and I had never used!

I'd give them a try. The regular ones have songs and animated segments too.

just_teachin
10-30-2006, 10:42 AM
I'd see if your library has them to check out and test drive first! We LOOOOVE ST here (in fact, DD is watching #8 right now!).

I'd avoid #1-3 since you've already used BST. There are a lot of repeats, and since they're the first volumes, the animation isn't as good, and Rachel isn't very lively.

We watch 4-9 a lot.

There is a ST co-op going on if you're interested in the BBB co-op board!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Heather
Mommy to Corinne, 11/17/04
6/7 SAHM, 1/7 Kdg-8th grade music teacher; 7/7 Bargain Huntress
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif Proudly breastfeeding for 23+ months!

tiapam
10-30-2006, 02:18 PM
FYI, in the PBS version, much of the content has been redone. Rachel is wearing the orange sweater in all of the ones we have TiVo'd (#1-13, I think). I'm not sure about the DVD and VHS version.

ETA: Did you check for ST on your PBS station?

-Pam

DD - Two years old!

94bruin
10-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Actually, I just checked and we get ST on two different PBS stations here. I'll just Tivo the episodes instead. Thanks for the info!