PDA

View Full Version : ?? for those who own the Crayola Double Easel

TraciG
10-30-2006, 04:12 PM
are you happy with it ? How is the dry erase, does it come off easily ?? Sydney got it for her birthday but it's not opened yet, I want to make sure this is a good easel before we open it or if I should get a better one.

thanks

MMMommy
10-30-2006, 04:28 PM
We have the Crayola Double Easel, but we haven't actually used all the features of it yet. We haven't "treated" the chalkboard yet, which the instructions say to do before using. We also haven't used it as a wipie board. But we have used the clips on both sides to hold big tablet paper so that our girls can draw and color on the paper. Also, we use the dry erase board side for magnetic letters and magnetic numbers. My children are both young (19 months and 33 months), and I felt that the magnetic letters that came with it were too small for them. Instead, I bought separate magnetic letters and numbers from Toys R' Us that are larger and don't pose a choking hazard. My girls love playing with the magnets on it (the ones that I bought separately) and love to draw on the paper that I clip on each side. I don't think all easels have the handy clips on each side, so that is a plus. I feel that it is a nice, relatively sturdy product for the price. I've seen it for as low as $29.99 at Toys R' Us. I think we bought it on sale for $39.99.

Hope this helps.

JBaxter
10-30-2006, 04:39 PM
We've been happy with it. Nathan got it last Nov for his bday. I never did anything with the chalk board ( oops never read the instructions) and it is fine. We use regular washable markers one the dry board every once in a while but the dry board is manily for his leapfrog abc letters and other magnets ( melissa&doug). My nephew also has one. I really like the primary colors ( I know some other moms dont care for them). Its been a hit here.

Tondi G
10-30-2006, 04:41 PM
we love ours! We've had it for a few years! A suggestion for you... instead of using dry erase markers just use Crayola Washable markers.... they come off beautifully with a baby wipe!!!! There is no worries about the kids getting it on their clothes then either!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

TraciG
10-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Thanks , great idea about the washable markers, I actually have those & love them !

DAKnits
10-30-2006, 11:25 PM
DD has one at my parents' house, and she LOVES it, and frankly, so do I. If I had one room for one here, I'd get it in a heartbeat!!!!! It holds her attention longer than any toy we have! It's very sturdy and so easy for her to use.

TraciG
10-31-2006, 02:51 PM
Are you kidding,I have NO room but for some reason wanted one for Sydney's birthday ! The funny thing is it's still in the trunk of my car because I have no idea where it will fit ! I live in a small 2 bedroom apartment !!!!!!!!!

BeachBum
11-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Does this easle fit a roll of paper?

I saw the Melissa and Doug easle yesterday and it holds a roll of paper in the middle...Very convenient I thought.

JBaxter
11-01-2006, 02:28 PM
no that easel doesnt. It has a clip for paper. I looked for one with out a roll because I KNOW what Nathan would do with a whole roll of paper. We do sheets here

saschalicks
11-01-2006, 07:57 PM
I have a 2 bedroom apt and 2 kids, but yet we opened it and haven't looked back since. Where I found room I just cannot tell you. As you are aware you just make room somehow. We treated the chalkboard and then DS#1 started eating the chalk. So, we decided we'll bring the chalk out again in a few months. We haven't showed him the wonder of the dry erase but the washable markers is a GREAT idea. He loves just playing w/the magnets. I also need to get long paper to use with the clips. In general we love it even though it's too big for a 2 bedroom apt.