PDA

View Full Version : Wooden doll house for young child?

funda62
10-31-2006, 03:38 PM
Are there any wooden doll houses made for the under 2 set? Or wooden cities like from Plan?

Thanks

dules
10-31-2006, 08:13 PM
Unless you're fundamentally opposed to plastic, the Little People house is GREAT for the under 3 set. $19.99, everything is washable/disinfectable (!) and easily replaced if pieces are lost.

Just my $.02. My DD will get a wooden (Ryan's Room) dollhouse when she turns three but up until now she's been perfectly happy with the FP set. And I'd have been really nervous about her breaking pricey wooden furniture by standing on it, etc. whereas the FP stuff seems nearly indestructible.

Again, take with a grain of salt. :)

Mary

funda62
11-01-2006, 01:52 AM
Thanks I was looking at the Little People House. I just thought maybe there was something I could buy her now to play with and then add onto as she grew. I'm not totally opposed to plastic espcially at $20. LOL

ehmom
11-01-2006, 01:30 PM
melossa and doug sells a smaller one that has a handle on top that i really like. but, that being said, i think i am going to get her a simple playmobil 123 one for this year. she's only 18m, so i think the open design will be easier for her chunky little hands.

new_mommy25
11-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Ryan's Room makes a doll house for the 2 and up category that is absolutely adorable. The pieces look fairly large and chunky so as long as your DD isn't a mouther she should be fine. http://www.funbabytoys.com/ryan-s-5538432.html

The M&D doll house would also be a great choice. It comes with very few pieces that are fairly large and closes for easy storage. Plus the price is very affordable so you can spend more $$ on a better house once she outgrows it. It's not as cute as the Ryan's Room house, though.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9781400629701&itm=1

nfowife
11-01-2006, 02:38 PM
I just ordered my DD the FP my first dollhouse for Hanukkah. She'll be 20 months and I think it will be good for at least a year. When she is more into it I will probably get her a nice one from Plan but for now, from the research I've done, the simpler the better at this age.

holliam
11-01-2006, 03:13 PM
We got the M&D one when she was about 18 mo. It was our tester to see if she would like dollhouses since she isn't that into baby dolls. It has worked pretty well for us!

Holli

funda62
11-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Can you tell me more about the playmobil 1-2-3? Does it have anything on the other side? I can't find a picture that shows the back.

ehmom
11-02-2006, 12:37 AM
ther is an older playmobil house called the country cottage. it has a bottom plate and more pieces. i found it on ebay and you can google playmobil 123 country cottage to find pics of it. hth!