PDA

View Full Version : camera for a 2 year old?

jrn90
11-01-2006, 12:59 PM
DS is in love with my digital camera- Any ideas for a camera for him? I have seen the new FP camera but not sure I want to spend that much right now- looking for something realistic looking yet cheap :) thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
11-01-2006, 01:18 PM
I started out with just buying disposable cameras. That way you could see if he is really into it before investing in something (or worrying about something getting lost or broken).

Have you checked out amazon? If you go to the FP camera there are links to a few other kid friendly digitals that are cheaper.

I just started my research on this too so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. :)

Beth

holliam
11-01-2006, 03:14 PM
My 2-year old is a budding photographer too. So far DH has just been letting her use his Canon point/shoot under supervision. I'm not getting the FP one; seems a rip off to me. I think DH is clamoring for a new point and shoot for himself so she can have his.

Holli

SnuggleBuggles
11-01-2006, 04:08 PM
I am partial to digital models so that we don't have to pay for the cost of developing all the pictures.

Beth

holliam
11-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Not sure if that was for me but I was referring to digital cameras too.

Holli

sdbc
11-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Hi Holli,

I PMed you. are you guys going to the International Festival next weekend?

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

SnuggleBuggles
11-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Yes, sorry when I hear point and shoot I think of film based cameras.

Beth

holliam
11-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Ah! Nope, point and shoot can be digital or film. :) Same with SLR!

Holli

SnuggleBuggles
11-01-2006, 06:03 PM
I'll have to tell dh that. :)

stefani
11-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Check out Walmart. I think I saw a digital camera with screen for about $20 - $25. I was tempted to buy one for DS. It is also quite small & light.

deannanb
11-02-2006, 11:07 AM
I have a really old digital camera that doesn't show the picture instantly... I gave it to DS, but he doesn't like it. It is heavy and he wants that instant gratification of seeing the picture right away.

I will have to start the search along with you.

Let us know what you find out!

Thanks!

Deanna
=)

purpleeyes
11-02-2006, 03:06 PM
How about this?

We have also been searching for a camera that takes movies (currently DS's favorite thing to do is to sit in the cabinet, rewatch the movie I took of him cooking in there and reenact it!) ;)
When I found this I was so excited! Plus, it is cheaper than the FP one.

http://www.leapsandboundscatalog.com/product/118/400771/118.html

HTH!

Beth

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/36349.jpg

nofeea
11-02-2006, 04:35 PM
I've been on the same search. The Leaps and Bounds one doesn't look like it has a viewing screen. Am I wrong? There must be another one out there...
(I posted a similar Q in the Bargains forum but no responses there :( )

supercalifragilous
11-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Best Buy carries Hello Kitty digital cameras. They also have tiny digicams in Little Mermaid and Tinkerbell (don't know how small the screen would be...). I think the Hello Kitty ones were about $30-$40??

That's pretty steep for a toddler camera, but the associate I was talking to said that with their new warranty plan, they will now replace cameras that are dropped/damaged/broken by the owner.