PDA

View Full Version : Do the Kinderzeat and new U.S. Tripp Trapp look any different and other questions?

emmasmama
11-01-2006, 01:49 PM
I have a Kinderzeat for my older daughter in blue and want to get a red one for my younger daughter, but I'm confused about them changing to the Tripp Trapp. We probably aren't having more kids... but...

Anyway, I know I can get one either way from greatbeginningsonline.com and still use the gbbaby 15% code because I just put it in my cart and tried it. Is the "Red" finish on Tripp Trapp different from "Raspberry" finish on Kinderzeat?

Any other reason I should get Tripp Trapp instead of Kinderzeat besides baby bar and 5-pt harness? Am I overlooking any spectacular deals? Right now I'm at 169.99 no tax free shipping for the red KZ I put in my cart at Great Beginnings.

Thanks!

emmasmama
11-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Actually, I think my main questions are, just in case that was confusing, are:

Are "Raspberry" and "Red" the same?

Is there some sort of slot that the baby bar fits onto that's permanently attached to the Tripp Trapp?

kcimato
11-01-2006, 02:53 PM
I believe rasberry and red are the same color. The only difference is that the Tripp Trap has some sort of snap on the bottom of the seat where you can attach the bar to it. The KZ does not have this.

new_mommy25
11-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Have you tried emailing Great Beginnings? I have emailed their customer service in the past and they have been very helpful.

If you find out, please let me know. I want to buy a Kinderzeat for DS and DD.

emmasmama
11-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Okay, I think I'm just going to go with the KZ. The more I read old posts, the more I think my 19 mo old would not like the 5-pt harness on the Tripp Trapp, but I could maybe get her to use the 3pt one, just to sit still a little longer, esp since that's what her older sister uses.

If you want to buy KZs for your kids you might want to get them soon. I noticed when I looked around that there aren't as many colors available in the KZ as the TT because it's being discontinued. Great Beginnings still has Raspberry, Lime, and Whitewash, that's it. Lots more color choices in the TT.

teddy
11-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks for posting this. DD has the blue KZ and DS keeps climbing into it. His 2nd bday is on the 22nd and I've been thinking of getting him his own KZ or TT. Now I know to get the KZ in lime, just like he wants! And fast!

emmasmama
11-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Just thought I'd report back that I saw the "red" tripp trapp in person today and also received my "raspberry" kinderzeat and the color looks the same to me. Of course I was not looking at them side by side, but it looks like a true red for both of them. Maybe they just changed the name because Raspberry doesn't really sound like a true red ;)