PDA

View Full Version : Need great ideas for 2 yr old DS for christmas/2nd birthday

niccig
11-01-2006, 06:56 PM
I'm at a loss, and I'm being silly. I was all set to get DS a kitchen, some food and shopping cart. He'll love all of this, but we're spending the holidays with family, so he won't get any of it until we get home. I've just found out that so far family have gotten him a fire truck, a kid's rolling suitcase, a truck that moves things with magnets (Ikea), and easel with art supplies. So, now I feel that DS will prefer all the other toys under the christmas tree and nothing from us. I know it's silly, but I want him to like our presents best, and I don't want family to think I don't know what my child likes. I buy more classic toys and they like to buy him plastic/nosiy/lights. I actually think the rolling bag will be the winner as he loves to move ours. Any suggestions for what I can take to give DS.

Nicci

dules
11-01-2006, 08:50 PM
We did the same last year when DD had just turned two. I took a few toys from "Santa" so I knew she'd get a few things I approved (lol). Most people wouldn't tell me what they were giving her so I was a little apprehensive (I knew SHE'd love them, wasn't sure I would).

Once the car was loaded and DD was in it, I ran back in the house to "potty" but really tore up the stairs and brought down wrapped toys and filled stockings which I set up under our tree at home.

When we got back from Christmas DD got to see that Santa came to our house too. And we didn't have to cart some big gifts (doll high chair and cradle/bed) home in the car.

Just a thought, I guess!

Mary