PDA

View Full Version : Found a great book to give as a family gift.

kcimato
11-01-2006, 10:46 PM
I was in Barnes and Noble tonight looking for some 1/2 price Halloween books and this book caught my eye. I love it. I picked up 3 copies for my children's families. 101 Places You Gotta See Before You're Twelve! by Joanne O Sullivan.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1579908659/ref=pd_rvi_gw_2/102-1941465-9902556

A few of the places are a lighthouse, a fort, a superlatve place(tallest mt, oldest baseball field) an animal rescue center and my favorite- the middle of nowhere! It has stickers you can put on the things you've seen with sayings like awsome, yawn fest, been there, top 20.

Corie
11-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Kathy,

Did you have any luck with the Halloween books?

I went to a Barnes & Noble today and then, I called
an additional store to find half-price Halloween books.
Neither store had their Halloween books on sale! I was
so bummed!

kcimato
11-01-2006, 11:07 PM
No Halloween books here either! I talked to the SA working in the children's section and he said the manager took them all off the front table diplay and replaced them with the Xmas books. He said they were sitting in back and didn't think they would go on sale. I was bummed too. They had so many of them 2 days ago. I'll keep checking though.

Corie
11-03-2006, 09:49 PM
I was told by 2 stores that the Halloween books would go
on sale on December 26th with all the Christmas stuff.

Corie
01-09-2007, 08:57 PM
I saw this book today and I instantly thought of you!!

It is a Frommer's guide. It is called 500 Places to Take Your Kids Before They Grow Up.

Didn't have a chance to really look through it but I would like to see more of it!

kcimato
01-09-2007, 10:16 PM
I checked this out on Amazon and it looks pretty good too. I'll take a look at it at B&N tomorrow. We are having a great time with the 101 places. I gave it to my 3 kids for Xmas. Iwent into DC during Xmas break and knocked off quite a few of them. Took pics for the grandkids and posted them in a Kodak Gallery Album. Also sent them postcards. They must do the same. It helps keep us connected since we are all so far apart.

One of my coworkers is retiring this year and she told me she wants thae book too!

Corie
01-10-2007, 10:49 AM
How are your kids doing in Texas?? Didn't they move recently??

kcimato
01-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Yes. They moved just before Xmas and my son returns to work in a week or so. DIL likes it b/c she is right near her family. I hate it b/c grndkids are now a 2 day drive away. Hoping he'll get that Pentagon assignment one day!!!!!!