PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about glue

ellies mom
11-05-2006, 07:35 PM
What are people using for glue with their children? We have Elmers glue that I water down and let her apply with a paint brush on occasion but that is more of a dining room table only kind of thing. We have a few glue sticks (Target's) but they seem a little too dry for her to use easily. I'd like some sort of glue stick to keep in her craft tote that isn't too messy but still easy for her to use. Is there a good brand someone can recommend? Or another form of glue/paste to consider?

TIA

dules
11-05-2006, 09:11 PM
We just use Elmer's in a little dish and q-tips. At the kitchen table only, but she seems fine with that.

I'll be interested to see what others do. I had never thought of any other way!

Mary

C99
11-05-2006, 09:34 PM
We use Elmer's regular white School Glue or Elmer's Gluesticks, again at the kitchen table only.

kcimato
11-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Our Kindergarten classes use Elmers Glue with something called Glue Tappers. It's a special top you put on and all you have to do is tap it and only a small amount comes out. They're great. Ill have to ask where they got them.

Found some

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=3359&category=29&mlc=

brittone2
11-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Elmers (just out of a bottle but w/ supervision) and gluesticks at the kitchen table, with a splat mat down if the paper isn't huge.

Not exciting but for now it works. He really likes gluing :)