PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a Rody horse?

Tracey
11-07-2006, 10:20 AM
How do you like the Rody? Does it get played with a lot? DD is three and loves to jump and bounce, but I don't want to get a toy that takes up good space if she is too old for it or isn't going to use it. So, keep on the list or strike it off the list?

Beth568
11-07-2006, 10:53 AM
We have one; we gave it to my 2 year old for Christmas last year. She has used it a lot over the past few months. I don't know if a 3 year old might be big for it, though. My older DD tries to use it from time to time, but her legs are really too long.

When kids come over here, they all like to play with the horse. I think it's worthwhile. I wouldn't bother with the rocking stand, though.

neeter
11-07-2006, 10:58 AM
DS got one for Xmas, and he hardly plays with it. Sometimes he'll sit and rock on it but usually he passes it by. I would recommend if possible, seeing if your DD would like it before commiting to it.

dules
11-07-2006, 11:09 AM
We ordered the hop horse from magic cabin. DD loves her friends' Rodys but I think she's getting too tall (nearly 3) so I chose the ball/horse that's recommended for 3-7.

Mary

holliam
11-07-2006, 11:11 AM
DD got one 2 months ago for her 2nd birthday. She loved him in local stores, and she still does. All the kids around who come over seem to love him a lot, particularly the 2ish crowd.

If she were 3, I'd go with one of those bouncy ball things like Mary suggested. I think you'll get more use out of it.

Holli

firsttimemommy
11-07-2006, 12:10 PM
for us personally, it gets used semi-regularly. It "bucked" my poor DD off a couple of times so she is a little skiddish of it! LOL

Would I buy it again? Probably not...

Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes........that way you are a mile away and you have their shoes."

zuzu
11-07-2006, 05:01 PM
We got one for DD when she was 2.5 and I was hoping she would bounce on it more than she does. She does treat it like a pet, so at least it is getting used somehow. :) She loves the hoppity balls so I'm going to look into one of those.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

lizamann
11-08-2006, 11:46 AM
DD is 3.5 and loves hers. She bounces on it sometimes, but we don't let her do that too much since we live in a condo. But she really loves to dress it up, tie ribbons on its tail, give it a bath (in the sink - um, messy.) She plays with it all the time, but not in the bouncy way.

Maliasmom
11-08-2006, 02:56 PM
I agree that Rody might be too short for a 3 year old. My two year old loved it the first week after we got one, but Rody has been sitting unused ever since. If I were you, I would go with one of those hop-on balls instead. I've seen them for as low as $5 at places like Ross and Marshalls.

dr mom
11-08-2006, 07:51 PM
DS likes his Rody so much that I painted his playroom Rody's-Eye Blue, with Rody-green accents. Love our Rody.

DS received Rody last Christmas shortly before he turned two, and Rody was a BIG hit. DS still bounces on him regularly.

Pic of the Rody-Room:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/36446.jpg

COElizabeth
11-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Oh wow. I LOVE your playroom. That is wonderful! Do you mind sharing what organizer you have? And are the opaque things doors or drawers or bins? TIA! Also, I know I have seen that stuffed animal condo tower before, but do you remember where you got it?

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9/02
and Charlotte, 11/04

dr mom
11-09-2006, 06:41 AM
Everything in the picture but Rody is from Ikea.

Old thread with details: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=57906&mode=full

The hanging toy storage is a "Fangst" and I paid all of $3.99. Can't beat the prices at Ikea! We use it for stuffed animal storage. DS loves putting his animals in the holes.

The translucent drawers are plastic bins designed to fit the storage unit, they slide in and out. DS can easily pull them out because of the holes, but if he pulls them all the way out, he has a little bit of difficulty fitting the bin back into the unit.

If you have an Ikea within a few hours of where you live, it's definitely worth the trip just for the fun of looking at all their stuff. I ordered all the baskets and bins online, their shipping is a little high, but there's no way I could have fit all that stuff in my compact car. I always buy way too much stuff at Ikea, but their kid's stuff in particularly is increadibly cute and cheap. :)

sdbc
11-09-2006, 09:55 AM
Rory also uses it as a pet more often. Feeds it, puts a blanket on it, kisses it. She honestly doesn't bounce all that often (she got bucked a few times when she was younger). She does love it, though.

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

calv
11-09-2006, 10:41 AM
LOVE your playroom. NAK so I can't type a lot. How tall and how much are those shelves? Is that one big unit or several shelves?