PDA

View Full Version : Baskets for Smaller Market and Lemonade Stand?

MMMommy
11-08-2006, 01:00 AM
I recently purchased the Alex Toys Mini Push Cart Market and the Lemonade Stand and was wondering where to find cute small baskets (preferably cheap!) for the food that my daughters will pretend to "sell." The push cart and lemonade stand are not gigantic--good sized, but not full blown play markets. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on not huge baskets (but not too small that things won't fit in them)that might be a good fit for these two play stands.

lhk777
11-08-2006, 08:04 PM
I did see some cute baskets at Land of Nod.
They don't have them on their website - only in the store.
They had a set of 3 nested together - they were round, about 3 inches high and came in orange, blue and pink I think.

I've been looking for some type of storage baskets and have been eyeing them as well. They were made of a plastic material similar to a lanyard type material. They would be perfect for a market type thing since they are not too deep so all the items would be visible.

Maybe you can call them. I'll try to find out the exact name.

-Linda

zoestargrove
11-09-2006, 08:15 AM
This summer when we picked blueberries it seemed I had a million of those green cardboard pint containers leftover. We've been using those in our market and they've held up great and look authentic. Not sure if you'd be able to find them at the grocery store.

MMMommy
11-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, they don't have Land of Nod where I live, but your idea sounds really cute. I'll keep a lookout for little baskets on my end and let you know if I come across any. Also, I checked our their website, and they have a coupon good for November--$10 off $50 or more and $20 off $100 or more in-store. Maybe you could use that for your baskets?

zoestargrove
11-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Do you have a Christmas Tree Shop nearby? I just picked up some really cute wooden crates with vintage vegetable and fruit labels for $1 and $2 each.