PDA

View Full Version : Best activity table for 9 month old who is already cruising.

sn523
11-10-2006, 08:07 AM
DD is 9 months old, pulling herself up, and cruising. Is it worth getting an activity table? Which would she get the most long term use out of?

Thanks

SnuggleBuggles
11-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Do you have an exersaucer? When my ds outgrew his and no longer wanted to be in it he would cruise the perimeter. So, we got double use out of our exersaucer.

Beth

amp
11-10-2006, 11:35 AM
We loved the Leapfrog one, but used it from a much earlier age. My DS lost interest in it around 1 yr old, so while your child may get a few months use out of it, I'm not sure it's worth it unless you're planning to have more kids to use it in the future. If so, then sure, get it!

DebbieJ
11-10-2006, 11:54 AM
We had a Parents Activity Cube from Target and then I picked up a FP Table from Costco for about $20. Those were more than enough.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

MaiseyDog
11-10-2006, 12:40 PM
We have the LeapFrog learning table and DD loves it. We did start using before she was cruising, but at 20 months she still likes to dance to the music and sing her ABC's with it.

Margaret
Georgia 2/14/05

JBaxter
11-10-2006, 12:50 PM
We had the leap frog learning table from about 6 months and Nathan LOVED it. I put it away just after he was 2 and he found it in the closet and pulled it back out again. Definatley worth the $$ for as long as he played with it.

kimbe
11-10-2006, 07:27 PM
I got this toy as a gift before DD was born and I thought that it looked like the STUPIDEST toy in the whole world. It was noisey to boot! http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=1582224

Once DD was cruising we put it together. Well she loved it! She still loves it and is almost 18 months. Any kid that was at our house went to that toy. In fact, I have seen kids that are 4, 5, and 6 years old play with it at our house (even fight over it!) DH and I still think that it is stupid, but the kids sure love it.

Just a suggestion. It doesn't take up as much room a lot of room either.

DebbieJ
11-11-2006, 01:50 AM
Ooh, I hated that ball blast!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

scoop22
11-11-2006, 11:01 AM
we have the learning table and the Fisher-Price Baby Playzone Stand-Up Ball Blast. ds loves them both. he loves the ball blast better at this time. then again we need new batteries for the table. ds loves anything with music. i think that is why he loves the ball blast. he plays with very few toys but he will look for those balls all over the house so he can play. i got mine at garage sales. both of them. the only thing i have to say about the ball blast is if dd tries to pull herself up with this she will most likely fall over. it isn't as stable as the learning table. HTH

http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

katydid1971
11-11-2006, 02:05 PM
DS loves his Leap Frog learning table. He even plays with it now, he's 18 months old. My mother liked it so well it has now become her baby gift of choice. I see them quite often at a used baby good store near our house, you might want to check out that or Craigslist. Because they are so common and so popular there are a lot of them out there. We got ours as a hand me down.
That's my 2 cents.
sarah

BeachBum
11-11-2006, 07:02 PM
We have the leap frog learn around. It has been hands down our most loved toy. That said, we started using it much earlier at 5 or 6 months. I like the variety of activites--especially the ball shute. Surprisingly, DS didn't enjoy the sitdown toys until after he was walking. So, don't think that those are useless just because she is cruising now.

Now that DS is 14 months and not into it as much we keep it in our master bath. He doesn't play with it daily, but it is still entertaining enough that it can keep him occupied a bit on days when I need him busy so I can get ready.

I think that when he starts doing abc's a bit more or numbers it will be fun again.

hillview
11-12-2006, 08:33 PM
We have both FP Learnaround Playground and the FP Table -- ds liked the playground more (loved to drop the balls down the shoot). DS got them when he was 5 months old (one for our place, one for grandparents) and played with them til he was 12 months. He doesn't even look at them now (16 months).
HTH
/hillary