PDA

View Full Version : Dot Art Markers

niccig
11-10-2006, 07:10 PM
A friend showed me these. Her daughter is 3, would this be OK for 2 yr old? Are they washable? Where's the best place to buy - she said they were expensive.

Thanks,
Nicci

holliam
11-10-2006, 07:48 PM
My 2-year old loves them. We treat them like paint, meaning we sit at the art table to use them and wear our art smock so no idea bout the washable-ness.

Holli

fortato
11-10-2006, 08:32 PM
They are FAB!!! I used them a lot when I was working with toddlers in a preschool. Those and Roll-on paints.

You can buy them online through discount school supply.
(www.discountschoolsupply.com)
They offer tons of things to paint with, and it's all pretty cheap. I recommend buying the liquid watercolor. It's like food coloring, but in bigger bottles and you can use it for lots of things. You can paint straight with it, or use it to color playdough, fill empty waterbottles with water, a little color and some beads, or glitter and make "science bottles"

I love this website, and order from them often. Oh and their fingerpaint paper is awesome too!

Kristen

laretce6
11-10-2006, 09:05 PM
My 2-year old has just started using these at MMO and seems to like them. I was thinking of getting some for next Easter since I just placed an order from discount school supply and don't plan to place another for quite awhile. :-)

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04
and baby sister arrivng 2.2007

niccig
11-10-2006, 10:21 PM
What else would you suggest from Discount School Supply? If I'm getting these, I may as well put a few other craft/art items in.

Thanks,
Nicci

kaitlinsmommy
11-10-2006, 11:51 PM
They have them at Hobby Lobby. I think Micheal's has them now too.

aim
11-11-2006, 09:54 AM
My DS loves them as well - though you should know that the flouresent colors are not as washable as the regular colors

Amy

sdbc
11-11-2006, 11:42 AM
DD got them last Xmas at 18 months old. She enjoys them. She has always used a smock with them, so we haven't gotten any on her clothes, but they do seem to stain her fingers for a couple of days, so I wouldn't want to test them on good clothes. :)