PDA

View Full Version : Costco: Kitchen OR Easel OR Train Table for 18 month DS?

hillview
11-12-2006, 08:56 AM
My mom and I are making a Costco run. Assuming they have all 3 in stock which would you get? DS will be 18 months at Christmas time. Which will get the most play?
Thanks!
/hillary

annasmom
11-12-2006, 08:59 AM
nak

my vote would be for the kitchen. my ds has been playing with ours since before he could walk. the other 2 would be great choices as well, i just think you will get the most play out of a kitchen.

fwiw - we have both an easel & train table.

calv
11-12-2006, 09:51 AM
the kitchen is a HUGE hit. Trains can always be placed on a table, KWIM? That's what we do, place the tracks on an old coffee table w/baskets underneat it and it's a cheap yet fun way for the kids.

I have an easel as well. Just trying to decide when to give it to the kids. I think I'll wait till DC are 3

jacksmom0902
11-12-2006, 10:58 AM
We have all three and the train table has received the most use in our house. My 20 month old loves the train table as much as his older brother. I know I'm in the minority here but my boys just don't play with their kitchen set that much. They like the play food and dishes and use those but not the actual kitchen set-up. We also use the easel but most of our art projects are taking place at the kichen table these days. Happy shopping!

teachermommy
11-12-2006, 10:58 AM
We gave the Costco train table to our DS son two years ago for Christmas. He had just turned two. He has actually played with it every day since then. It was money definately well spent.

DebbieJ
11-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Train table.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

C99
11-12-2006, 01:53 PM
The train table will get the most play from 18m to about 3.5y. After that, the table top won't support all the train track designs.

MMMommy
11-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Train table. At $125 in-store, it's a great deal. I would normally pick the kitchen, but I'm personally not a fan of the Kidkraft Pink Retro Kitchen that they have in stock at Costco right now. I liked last year's Kidkraft Ultimate Wood Kitchen better, and I like the Kidkraft Island Kitchens better. But that's just personal preference.

MarisaSF
11-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Train table.

Strong vote against the easel. My kid's almost a year older than yours and she's not getting an easel for a long time. We color on a table; the idea of paint and a 2 yo gives me a headache.

We actually have a kitchen, but I wouldn't have gotten it unless DD had shown a strong interest in that type of pretend play. I'd wait to see what your DS is into. Train table can be used for so many things.