PDA

View Full Version : Which mobile?

ajmom
11-12-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm trying to decide which mobile to buy for DD- the FP Ocean Wonders or the Tiny Love Symphony in Motion. We had the SIM for both DS1 and DS2, but the OW looks cool too... and I know it's popular on this board. Any advice?

funda62
11-12-2006, 04:10 PM
I love the OW and so do my girls (5 and 9 months) but it only runs for about 4 minutes which seems kind of short to me. I love how it projects on the walls and sometimes I give DD2 one of the soft fish to chew on.

sidmand
11-12-2006, 05:41 PM
We had both, but the OW one actually didn't fit on our crib. If you have a "nonstandard" crib, just watch out because many things won't fit quite right. We had to jam the OW aquarium on there!

We had many of the OW things, but I think I like the Symphony in Motion one better. It got better reviews. The OW had just come out, so I don't know if they've improved it. The projection was nice, but it had to be really dark for it to work. I liked the SIM one even though it didn't "match".

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

hillview
11-12-2006, 07:56 PM
SIM -- 15 minutes of extra me time! DS loved it. I think I may have cried when we had to take it out of his crib when he was too old.
/hillary

Pennylane
11-12-2006, 09:39 PM
I have used both. The SIM I love and used when my DC were smaller could not reach up and grab it.I would get the one with the remote control, that came is so handy!Then I switched to the FP, not the oceans wonder, but this one.

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2001&e=detail&site=us&pid=30905&selcat=bgtoys

She loves to watch the "video" that projects on the ceiling and she can turn it on and off by herself.

Ann

SnuggleBuggles
11-12-2006, 09:53 PM
There's a big mobile thread on the nursery necessites' board but I don't remember the OW one coming up. Much love for the SIM though. :)

I don't like that the OW doesn't appear to have much that is visually stimulating for a baby. Looking at it in the picture it seems that if baby were laying underneath it there wouldn't be any good contrasting (black/ white/ red) and the faces aren't tipped to them either. I'd pass on it probably.

I'd probably just buy the OW crib toy and the SIM.

Beth