PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite toys for an almost one year old?

Marriedladytara
11-12-2006, 05:31 PM
With the holidays quickly approaching, Jonah's grandparents have gone toy crazy. Which toys are your kids' favorites?

LarsMal
11-12-2006, 06:49 PM
My little guy loves things that stack and/or sort. He also loves lift-the-flap books. These are some of his other favorites... (He's almost 15-months now, but has been into these things since he turned one, and still is!)

Stride-to-Ride
Leap Frog Learning Bus
Priddy books
http://www.priddybooks.com/book.aspx?bookid=39&seriesid=76
Laugh-and-Learn Musical Learning chair.

Have fun!

Saartje
11-13-2006, 02:17 AM
At one year old, one of my son's favorite toys was a playground ball, the basketball-sized, sturdy kind you can buy for about $5. Great for rolling around, bouncing, and practice throwing and catching.

funda62
11-13-2006, 02:24 AM
My DD is 9 months now and LOVES the Baby Beach Band by Infantino. Its her Christmas gift but I couldn't resist letting her play with it while I folded laundery. I highly recomend it.

Also I second the ball idea.

jennifer_r
11-13-2006, 07:25 AM
For DD1's first bday, we gave her the RF Classic Walker Wagon - she loved it so much that she would play with it for a half hour straight and if we had to "end" her playtime before she wanted too, she would cry. At 16 months, for Christmas, she got the FP LP dollhouse and that became a big hit (my younger DD2 started playing with that at 10 months). If you don't want him to have the dollhouse, there's probably other LP sets out there he might like (like the garage).

This is another one that both the girls have became obsessed with:
http://www.oompa.com/cgi-bin/item/HA1132
DD1 got this at Christmas (again at 16 months). At first, I was hesitant about this gift, thinking that it wouldn't hold her interest long, but she ended up playing with it nonstop. DD2 started "playing" with it around 9 months (watching me work it and stopping the balls). She can now put the ball on the track and make it "work".

Also, we love parachutes here. Both the girls get excited about them; the baby just has to be under it and she starts giggling.

For DD2's first bday, we gave her 100 ball pit balls. It sounds like a lot but it really isn't that many. We put them in her pack n play and both girls are in ball heaven. http://www.tinkertots.com/cocrbapitba.html
You can also put them in a plastic baby pool or if you wanted to spend alot of money, you could actually buy a real ball pit. My DH thinks the ball pit balls were such a big hit, that I should get another box or two.

HTH

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif[/img][/url]

BeachBum
11-13-2006, 12:25 PM
My son is 14mo. Here are some of his favorites

the push ball popper
a push walking toy
ball shute (ours is by I-play)
Safari Jeep (")
Tool Box (")
Play Hut brand tunnel/tent
Laugh and learn home
shape sorter
ring stacker
balls, balls, balls
large wooden puzzels
sand box
Step 2 brand Kanaroo climber
books--pop ups especially

MommyAllison
11-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Here are some of DD's (12 months) birthday and Christmas gifts.

Books
Balls
Playsilks
Music cd's she can dance to
Musical instruments
Doll
Wooden puzzles

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

kozachka
11-14-2006, 04:49 AM
At your son's age, my DS liked to play with FP activity table. A little bit later a ride-on toy (his 1st birthday gift) was a huge hit. He also was very fond of a pounding toy that had 4 balls and a hammer.

hanaum02
11-14-2006, 11:04 AM
For my son's 1st birthday, he received the "Parents" musical instrument set. This is the one that has a variety of instruments stored in the drum. My son is now 26 months and STILL plays with this virtually every day. We get this gift for every 1-year old we know!

Have fun!
Michelle
Zach (9/3/04)

saschalicks
11-14-2006, 08:00 PM
-Both my boys love(d) the Elmo interactive table. It has a lot of buttons to push then a song is played (it's fun to watch those tushies bounce as they dance) and they have to stand at it.
-Stacking Cups, Stacking Cups and more Stacking Cups. Both love(d) them.
-Board Books
-cars
-Leap Frog Fridge Barn and Phonics

Stay away from stuff w/too many bells and whistles. We got a lot of those and really they just don't play with them. They both love the wooden simple stuff. I hated puzzles though b/c inevitably we lost a piece and then we threw them out.