PDA

View Full Version : Need Christmas gift for 20 mo. old - under $30

sethsmom
11-12-2006, 08:26 PM
lives in small house and has too many toys already (but of course, he doesn't like any of them anymore!) so something that is not too space-consuming would be nice

likes to climb and explore

tiapam
11-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Maybe the Leapfrog Fridge Phonics?

http://leapfrog.com/Primary/SkillSets/Toddler/MusicCreativity/PRD_fridgephonics/Fridge+Phonics153+Magnetic+Set.jsp?bmUID=116338831 8479&bmLocale=en_US

Since it goes on the fridge, it doesn't take up much space.

Also, Duplos from Lego. Once they are put away they don't take up much space either.

-Pam

DD - Two years old!

SnuggleBuggles
11-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Maybe the Leap Frog animal fridge set instead of the phonics one for a 20 month old? I like all of the LF fridge sets. :) My ds got into Fridge Phonics when we closer to 3-3.5yo.

How about a pop up tent? You can store that really small. Nesting blocks or nesting cars are good because they store small. A wagon is good because you can use it to keep other things in. Peg puzzles. FP Dr.'s kit. Books are almost always worth the space they take up (there is a good book thread back about 2 months). Art supplies are good (finger paints, stickers, crayons, and such). Play-Doh and the Fun Factory is lots of fun. Parents' brand box of musical instruments. How about CDs of music to dance to like Laurie Berkner? You could go with one Little People set, like the house, since you can store the people inside.

Beth

ETA...now that I think about it we did get Fridge Phonics when he was 2-2.5.

MaiseyDog
11-12-2006, 11:41 PM
DD just got the LeapFrog Fridge Phonics and LOVES it. She has used it much more than the LeapFrog Fridge Farm which we've had for almost a year. SHe lost interest in the Fridge Farm once she learned the animals, but she still occasionally likes to dance to the Farmer Tad music. Also, in my opinion, the letters on the Phonics set are easier for her to manipulate and get them in the right way than the animals.

Margaret
Georgia 02/14/05

twinkie
11-13-2006, 03:48 AM
Here is another vote for fridge phonics. DS got it as a gift at 20 months and has never stopped playing with it. By 2 he was saying some of the letters, and now at 2 years 3 months he can name nearly all of his letters and also the sounds that most make. I never sit and do the alphabet with him since I figured he was too young, so with this toy he has taught himself the alphabet. It also keeps him in 1 place in the kitchen, rather than roaming all over the kitchen and getting underfoot when I am trying to make dinner.