PDA

View Full Version : Children's books on new baby's arrival

Sweetpea972
11-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Hi: I'm 4 months preg with #2 and am on a lookout for cute books I can read to prepare 2 yo DD. Wondering if you have an favorites you read to your DC about pregnancy and new baby's arrival. Thanks in advance!!!

Momof3Labs
11-13-2006, 12:46 PM
We love Hello Baby! particularly because it talks about mommy nursing the baby. Most books just talk about babies getting bottles, and while babies in our house do get some bottles (when mommy is gone) they spend a lot more time nursing. Just something to think about, depending on your feeding choices!

LarsMal
11-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Someone gave us Za Za's Baby Brother (I think that's the name). It's really sad. It basically talks about how much attention the new baby gets and how little attention big brother/sister gets. I was almost in tears the first time I read it! I wouldn't recommend that one!!!

However, we also have "I'm a Big Brother" (they have a sister version) which is a good one. The "What to Expect" series has "What to Expect When Mommy is Having a Baby". It was a little to advanced for our 14-month old, but you may like it for your 2 yo.

Good luck and congrats!