PDA

View Full Version : Good toys at Marshall's today...

dules
11-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Went to Marshall's today (Caldwell for you NJ ladies) and they had TONS of holiday toys out, and more in cartons sitting in the aisles.

I picked up a 32 piece Guidecraft Natural Kindergarten Unit Block set for $16.99.

Other things I saw, with prices if I remember:
- M&D Puppet theater, $79.99 (this was a big piece)
- M&D Wooden Doll Cradle (white wood with pink accents)
- M&D folding dollhouses
- M&D Tabletop Easel $19.99 (tempted by this but did not buy, lol)
- Lots of M&D, Schylling, Small World Toys wooden puzzles
- PlayMobil My First (?) Dollhouse and My First Holiday Home, $29.99 - super cute sets and all in sealed boxes
- Peg Perego Aria in (I think) Metallica
- Maclaren doll pack n play
- Maclaren doll all in one (swing, bouncer, etc.) $24.99
- Lots of holiday books not yet torn up or chewed
- Princess dress up stuff. Jewelry, shoes, tiaras, etc. all under $9.99 for small sets
- Misc. Musical instrument sets. Wood and plastic.

I think that's the best of what I can remember. There were some miscellaneous Thomas pieces and a few engines but it didn't seem like there was as much Thomas as in past years (though that could have been in some of the sealed cartons).

Anyway, hope this helps someone. Happy Shopping!!!!

Mary

annasmom
11-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Mary,

I got that Guidecraft set last year, it is GREAT!! And what a deal! I didn't realize at the time how expensive these blocks are!! I saw in a recent post you mentioned that you didn't buy it last year, so I am glad that you found one again this time!

BTW, did you see any M&D food sets?? I think I will be heading to our Marshalls tonight!

kayte
11-14-2006, 12:01 PM
I am headed out to Marshalls today. Thanks!

But I wanted to mention I saw several M&D food sets at Tuesday Morning when I was there yeaterday.

dules
11-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Eileen, I only saw the fruit bowl set, but it's possible another store got different stock....they usually have the sandwich set etc...

Mary

annasmom
11-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Oh! I want the fruit set! Thanks Mary!

emmasmama
11-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Is this at Marshall's that you saw the fruit set? Or Tuesday Morning? I was also looking for it. Do you know how much it was?

Thanks!

dules
11-14-2006, 01:40 PM
Marshall's, and I'm not sure of the price. Didn't pick it up as I had an armful of blocks, lol.

Mary

mollyi
11-14-2006, 02:24 PM
I saw the M&D fruit set at the Marshall's in my area last week...I believe it was $16.99.

kcimato
11-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Last week I picked up the M&D cardboard brick blocks. It was the large sized bricks. There were 12 of them for $14.99. They had the 49 piece set of various sizes for $19.99

emmasmama
11-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Thanks!

annasmom
11-16-2006, 02:39 PM
I just wanted to add that my local Marshalls had the Alex Garage for $39.99. I actually have no idea what it usually goes for, but I know there has been talk recently about garages so I thought it was worth mentioning. I also saw the Alex "My First Cook(or Stove) Top for $12.99.