PDA

View Full Version : Need a good travel booster seat

rgdevlin
11-16-2006, 04:13 PM
Xpost in Places to Go (Diaper Bags, etc.) board: We're about to fly to the Northeast and then hit the road to visit family for Thanksgiving, and I was wondering what you all would recommend for a booster seat that we could easily back in a suitcase or carry-on bag. I saw that the On-the-Go booster seat by The First Years gets decent reviews. Any other recommendations?

SnuggleBuggles
11-16-2006, 04:53 PM
I have a Compass B510 and it can fold in half and comes with a carrying bag. A bit pricey (this is ds' main seat now) but looks like it would be very conveinent for travel.

We haven't gone on any trips yet to know how it works IRL.

Beth

niccig
11-16-2006, 06:09 PM
We have the On-the-go booster. I use it when other children are over and usually keep it in the car for when we go out to eat. Our playgroup needs 5 high chairs and not all restuarants have that many available.

I don't mind it, I find it's a funny fit on our dining room chairs but that's because the chair seat isn't level - weird chairs that DH bough pre-me. But it works fine enough. I'm also going to take it when we visit ILs in Dec. and when we travel to Mexico in April for a family wedding. The condos don't provide high chairs, and I'm not sure about restaurants there, and for all of us to eat, DS needs to be padlocked in.

Nicci

new_mommy25
11-16-2006, 07:28 PM
I really like the FP Healthy Care booster. I found I could easily fit it into a medium sized suitcase. It comes with a tray with a cover. That way if you use it in a restaurant, the tray stays clean in the car, you can pop the lid onto the tray when done and wash it when you go home.

shilo
11-16-2006, 07:31 PM
we have the on the go booster. don't use it that often, but it does work in a pinch. my ds is on the short side, so it doesn't bring him up quite high enough for taller tables, ymmv. is the main place you'll be staying somewhere you'll be returning too over and over? if so, it might be worth it to just buy one of the swing tray type boosters once you get there - target and walmart generally have them for about the same price or a little more than the on the go, and they have a built in tray and the seat geight is adjustable. i also saw this recently and thought it looked very interesting and might pack up a little smaller, as well as not needing a seat back to rest on: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4457082

bottom line is, the on the go works just fine for occasional use, but if i have the option, i use the first years swing tray booster.

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

SnuggleBuggles
11-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Duh! I wondered why you were asking about car booster seats on this board instead of the car seat one. :)

We had a The First Years' folding booster seat and it worked great. I kept in the trunk of the car all the time so I didn't have to worry about restaurants not having highchairs. Only issue were some nooks and crannies being tricky to clean.

Beth