PDA

View Full Version : Hair or No Hair for Corolle Calin Doll?

pinkmomagain
11-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Subject says it all....can't decide on this holiday purchase for my 1 yo. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Gina

mamalia
11-16-2006, 08:02 PM
No Hair. At that age taking care of the doll's hair is probably beyond the child. Most of the dolls at our preschool have no hair. This facilitates some fun activities - like bathing the doll, feeding them (imagine cleaning apple sauce from hair!), etc.

Just my opinion though.

HTH,
Malia

gordo
11-16-2006, 08:12 PM
I am trying to make the same decision. I was leaning towards hair b/c DD is very into brushing everyone's hair, but I was also worried about her pulling it out and ruining it.

I am also trying to decide between the Calin and the Tidoo for the bath.

floridamommy
11-16-2006, 08:42 PM
I don't want to hijack this thread because I am very interested in the hair or no hair commentary. But also trying to figure out what to buy my DD who just turned one and I am at a loss over whether to get Calin or Babipouce at this age (or even the new Miss Grenadines). Is the plus of a Babypouce that it is lighter, can go into a washing machine and smells like vanilla??? (if that is a plus :)) Or is it better to start out with a Calin that seems to be longer lasting age-wise & have more accessories? I think I have read every previous thread on Corolle dolls and am still at a loss. If I go with Calin...defintely curious if the majority choose hair or no hair.

stillplayswithbarbies
11-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Tidoo with no hair. Being able to wash it is a big plus at this age. The Tidoo is also lighter and much easier for a 1 year old to carry around.

I am just getting Logan her first doll with hair at almost age 4.

pinkmomagain
11-16-2006, 09:37 PM
First let me say that I am so happy to be getting responses...I was worried I'd get laughed off this board for asking this question!

My dd already has a Corolle Pink Elf doll and I'd say I love it more than she does. So I am looking for a more baby-like doll. I was looking at the Calin to last for a while, but I've always loved the face of the pink-striped Babypouce so now you have me thinking....But then I come back to the fact that Calin's eyes open/close and I think dd would get a kick out of that...

Gina

Canna
11-16-2006, 10:15 PM
I got the Calin with no hair. I think the hair would likely get icky at this age. I thought DD would like a more baby-like doll with eyes that open and close and molded hands and feet - we have a small, elf-like Corolle doll (pupette or something-or-other...blue and white) and I think it is sooo cute but she was never attracted to it. I chose the Calin over the Tidoo because I didn't know if we'd use the bath feature and when I felt the dolls in person I prefered the softer, heavier feel of the Calin doll slightly. They were pretty similar, but the Tidoo feels more beanie.

madelinesmom
11-18-2006, 12:06 AM
Calin Bright - No Hair. She still looks as good three years later. We got DD#1 a bigger baby last year, she does not play with it she still prefers Calin.

Good Luck,
Jane
http://b4.lilypie.com/l3-em6/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/-FG1m6/.png

sdbc
11-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Most toddler like the open/close eyes. I'd go for Calin (and we did). DD still loves her at 2.5. Definitely no hair. A one year old won't be able to care for it, and it will be nasty in no time.

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04