PDA

View Full Version : Melissa and Doug Train set - is it a good deal?

almostamom
11-17-2006, 11:33 PM
DS is suddently into trains (well, finally since his nursery is decorated in them!!) He's been playing with a set at my parents house whenever we are there for the last month or so. I was thinking about getting him a basic starter set for Christmas and found this one by Melissa and Doug at Learning Express. I have a coupon for 25% off so I can get it for $60. Does this sound like a good deal? I've not researched train sets at all yet, but my coupon expires in a few days. Any suggestions/ideas are much appreciated!

TIA,
Linda

mommysammi
11-19-2006, 11:36 PM
It's a great deal. I just bought a set on Friday, $63 shipped. I was able to find some good reviews online.

almostamom
11-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the input. I went ahead and bought it over the weekend (the coupon was going to expire). I'm not sure it will fit on our train table since we have a small one, but we can always play with it on the floor. I hope you and your little one enjoy yours!

Linda

mommysammi
11-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Have you set it up yet? We're planning to make our own train table but can't do it until we get the set. I hope the set is as good as it sounds online. The reviews I read online all said the set is very well made and looks really nice with some Thomas parts.

almostamom
11-20-2006, 02:42 PM
I haven't set it up yet because it's DS' gift from Santa. There was one set up in the store though. It was on the standard rectangular train table. Our table is a square - it's just as deep as a regular train table, but it's not as wide. We're going to make sure he really likes this set and plays with it enough to justify having to add any pieces to it (especially the Thomas pieces - they're a tad pricey!!)