PDA

View Full Version : High Chair Help - We have the Baby Trend

Kindra178
11-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Based on BB's recs, we bought the Baby Trend high chair in Malawi. I just find the tray so high. My DS is young, 4.5 months, so I am not sure if I should just wait it out until he grows taller or bring this one to my inlaws and get a different one. I was actually reading reviews online and noticed that that was a common criticism, even for bigger and older children. Since we got this one as a gift, it won't kill me to buy a new one. So . ..

Has anyone else had this problem with this high chair?

If we get a new one, which one? I have heard recs for the Chicco Polly and Fisher Price (no specific model).

Thanks in advance.

kochh2
11-18-2006, 05:13 PM
we have the FP healthy care deluxe, which is discontinued i think, but they have the aquarium model still in production, and it seems to be the saem thing... so, i'd recommend that... we loveours, in fact our DS still sits in it at the table at 2+ YRS OLD! when DD arrives in a few months, i hope to have him in a booster seat by then, but he likes his chair!!! the tray height for him as a 6 month old was not a problem either!!

hannah
11-18-2006, 05:20 PM
We have the same problem with our baby trend high chair. DD has always been tall and I still think the tray is too high. She sits on a blanket to boost her up. We also have the fisher price booster seat which I really like since we can take it with us in the car to restaurants, the park, friends houses, etc. So perhaps you can consider the booster?

My SIL has a Fisher price high chair which she likes (I am not sure what model). And I also know others who have the wood Eddie Bauer chair that they seem to like too.

nfowife
11-18-2006, 05:57 PM
I did have this issue when DD was younger. I put a couple of folded up dishtowels under the seat cushion (so you can't see them and they don't get so gross so fast) and it did the trick for us! Overall we are very happy with the BT high chair (we have the rockwell print, I think it's called- black, red, white plaid).

SnuggleBuggles
11-18-2006, 06:59 PM
I loved our Baby Trend high chair but I know what you mean. My friends bought one too and they just folded up a towel for their ds to sit on till he got bigger and it did the trick!

I had no problems with it as ds got older. I hated the FP my ILs had because ds could undo the tray very easily. Models are dif't now.

Beth