PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Lift the flap board books...

jeniferrlynne
11-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Out of all of our board books,we only have one. A bob the builder one. My 1 year old likes to stay busy even during reading sooo HELP!

kristenk
11-19-2006, 06:05 PM
DD really, really liked Dear Zoo

http://www.amazon.com/Dear-Zoo-Lift-Flap-Book/dp/0689825498

TJ Maxx/Marshall's/Ross sometimes has a decent selection.

thomma
11-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Spot books
Peek a Moo
Peek a Pet
We have several Fisher Price lift the flap books that are popular with ds and dd- vehicles, farm and school bus.
We have a few Maisy ones they like.
Open the Barn Door, Find a Cow- a favorite

Check out bookcloseouts.com...that's we got most of ours.

have fun!

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

Maliasmom
11-19-2006, 07:14 PM
My dd loves Elmo's Big Lift-and-Look Book. It's nice because she hasn't been able to tear off any of the flaps.

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/0679844686/ref=pd_rvi_gw_1/102-5623277-9781743

overcome
11-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Do a search for the author Karen Katz. She has done a ton of lift the flap. My DD loves them!

jeniferrlynne
11-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Thanks,
I am getting some now from amazon. I needed to find some things to add to a leapfrog fridge farm and get free shipping. Perfect!

LarsMal
11-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Ditto Karen Katz books! DS LOVES "Where is Baby's Belly Button?". We must read it 10 times a day. He also has "Eyes, Ears, Toes, Nose" (or something like that) but for some reason he likes to rip that one apart. He's never attempted to rip the other one! Kids!!!

He also has a book by Joan Holub (Scholastic) called "Boo Who?". It is a Halloween book- wrong season now- but I am going to check and see if she has any others because he has to read that one everyday, too. Hopefully she has a winter one out there!

Alice523
11-20-2006, 03:04 AM
My DS loves Dear Zoo and the Karen Katz books, too. He goes back to them several times each day. Congratulations on Toren's first birthday! My son's is coming up on 11/30.

C99
11-20-2006, 10:07 AM
There are several Fisher-Price Little People lift-the-flap board books. We have 2. My DD's favorite right now is a Curious George Lift-the-Flap book. Usborne makes a couple of them (we have "Trains"). We also have Peek-a-Zoo, Sesame Street's Peekaboo, I See You! and Goodnight Little One, all of which are lift-the-flap/interactive, but are not board books. My DD loves Peek-a-Zoo especially. Finally, check out DK's Touch and Feel series, which offers things for the child to touch or do on every page, and Pat the Bunny, which is more of the same (there is also Pat the Cat and one other similar book in the series, written by Dorothy Kunhardt's daughter).

HTH

DrSally
11-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Ds also loves flap and touch and feel books now. It's almost as if other books are too boring if he can't be "doing" something. Karen Katz has some nice flap books. Peekaboo kisses is cute. Also "child's play" books with holes--Twinkle, twinkle, down by the station, etc. He likes to put his fingers in the holes.

DrSally
11-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Peek a moo! we just got it and DS loves it.

amp
11-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Our favorite was the Baby Einstein "Jane's Animal Expedition" here. IT has been read so much it's falling apart and is missing many flaps! We loved it so much I had to buy a new one for DD!

amp
11-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Our favorite was the Baby Einstein "Jane's Animal Expedition" here. IT has been read so much it's falling apart and is missing many flaps! We loved it so much I had to buy a new one for DD!

Also, there are a few Maisy books out there that are favorites. Not all are lift the flap, but a few are.

And we also have some books that are part of the "Hide and Seek" series....Hide and Seek Jungle, Hide and Seek Pets, etc. I can't find them in bookstores really, but do find them at Marshalls and such occasionally. They are by a publisher called Granddreams. Those are big favorites here.