PDA

View Full Version : Costco or Coinstar Amazon Gift Certificate for toy kitchen

niccig
11-19-2006, 06:15 PM
We want to get DS the Kidkraft primary island kitchen. We got it from Costco, but I returned it as the box was damaged and some pieces had scratches - mostly superficial and we could have lived with them.

I can try Costco again and hopefully the shipping will be better, and there's always that great return policy if I need to return it. Cost $119, free shipping.

Or, I can cash in DH's 6 year collection of loose change and get an amazon gift certifcate to use. I took half a container of coins in today and got a $40 certificate, and as we have 3 more full containers I can easily get the $135 the kitchen is on Amazon, shipping is free. Coinstar doesn't charge a fee if you get a certificate. Our bank also charges a fee for coins, otherwise I would just take them to a bank.

Nicci

MMMommy
11-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Can't help but to love Costco's return policy. What if the Amazon.com one is damaged or in bad shape? It would be difficult to send back and return, whereas you can just bring it to your local Costco to return with ease. My take--better to be safe than sorry.

niccig
11-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Karen,
I was thinking the same thing, I've already had to return the kitchen to Costco, and it was so easy to do. I need to get a few things for DS and family members, so I'll use the amazon certificates for that. Most items need to be shipped anyway, so I'll get gift-wrapping etc and ship it straight to them....easier all round and I get rid of the containers of coins, and it's not money I'll miss as it's been in containers for YEARS. I kid you not, DH has moved 3 times and each time the containers of coins got packed up. At least, they'll get used and I feel like I'm saving money, so win-win.

Nicci