PDA

View Full Version : Video monitor that works with wireless and 2.4ghz phones?

Torster
11-20-2006, 09:02 AM
My sister and MIL want to get us a video monitor for baby #2, but I can't find one that doesn't have lots of negative reviews. We have wireless internet and 2.4ghz phones, so I think we want a 900mhz monitor -- which I think rules out the geeks.com one. I'm leaning toward one of the Summer monitors, just because the technical specs seem to fit, but the reviews make me nervous. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks for any advice.

nfowife
11-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Just want to say we have wireless internet and the geeks monitor and have no problems. We just had to find a channel that worked with the internet in the beginning. There is some interference from the phones when you are actually talking on them, but it depends on how you will use the monitor. The geeks one is great, but it's either on or off. You can't just do sound and no video (although you can do video and have the sound turned down). I only put mine on to check on DD, so for a few seconds here and there. We can hear her if she makes noise in our bedroom since she is directly above us.

AJs Mommy
11-20-2006, 02:36 PM
We have been using the Summer Infant video monitor with 2 cameras in different bedrooms for two years and it still works like it is brand new. The color picture is perfectly clear and we never have any static. Bonus, the rechargeable battery in the hand held monitor lasts all night long without a recharge. We bought ours at Buy Buy Baby and they told me that if it didn't work with our phones, etc, we could return it.