PDA

View Full Version : there are *way* too many dolls choices out there

octmom
11-20-2006, 02:10 PM
I thought it would be nice to get DD a doll for her first Christmas and remembered the Corolle name from this forum. After some web searching, I must admit that I am slightly overwhelmed by all the choices out there! Based on some past threads here, I decided to get a bald doll to avoid having to deal with hair that will get filthy with a young baby playing with the doll. Now I can't decide bewteen a Calin, a mini Calin, a Tidoo, Miss Grenadine, and Babipouce.

Does anyone have a particular store, preferably online, to recommend for Corolle dolls? Also, I can't tell if the outfit that the doll comes with is removable in all cases (like Miss Grenadine) and what the various bodies are filled with-- fiber, synthetic beans of some sort, lightweight beans (Tidoo). Anyone know a site that has good information?

TIA!

ETC the name of one of the dolls (Babipouce)

Jerilyn
DS, 10/03
DD, 3/06

amp
11-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Everyone recommended the Tidoo doll since it can get washed, go in the bath, be wet, etc and is small for a little kid to carry around at age 1. I ended up ordering this one from kidsurplus...

http://www.kidsurplus.com/cor23506.html

They have a couple other Tidoo and other options there too.

octmom
11-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks, Andrea. I like the one you bought and the washability of it certainly seems like a big plus. I just realized that one local children's toy shop in my town carries Corolle, so I need to take a ride over there and find out which types they have in stock. I think it would help me to see them in person and feel the different weights, etc.

Jerilyn
DS, 10/03
DD, 3/06

gordo
11-20-2006, 02:29 PM
I just bought the exact same Tidoo for all the same reasons. I also ended up getting the bath kit to go with it.

elliput
11-20-2006, 02:38 PM
DD has Miss Grenadine. The dress is not removable, however the whole doll is machine washable. The body is filled with a combination of synthetic beads and polyfill if I remember correctly. I recently washed her with a load of DD's clothes and Miss G looks good as new.

octmom
11-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks, Erica. I think Miss Grenadine is cute. Not your typical baby doll, but seems like she would be easy to tote around if Katie became so inclined.

Jerilyn
DS, 10/03
DD, 3/06