PDA

View Full Version : xmas list ideas

megs4413
11-20-2006, 03:28 PM
DD is 19 mos and needs toys for xmas!!! here's what's on my list so far...would you be so kind as to help me come up with some more toy ideas? it would be good if we could get them in store so when family asks i can give them a list they can shop with not online....

so far:
shopping cart and pretend groceries
kitchen set and accessories
baby doll and accessories
more books!
puzzles
dress up stuff

what else is there for an almost two year old who likes to pretend?

annasmom
11-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Megs, it looks as though you have a really good list! Is she into arts & crafts yet? If so, you could get her some crayons, paper, paints, play doh, etc. You *could* get her a dollhouse, although that seems like a more common gift for a 3 year old Good luck, and have some fun!!

NatalieM
11-20-2006, 04:20 PM
This looks a lot like our list! As the PP mentioned I got DD some Playdoh, washable markers and crayons (were just starting to do arts and crafts), a small train set from Tuesday Morning, Dan Zanes DVD, playsilks and some new bath toys. I found a local store that carries the Alex brand so I got DD some bath books, a small basketball hoop with balls and bath crayons. What about an Aquadoodle? I also took one of DH's old wallets and put some cards in it (i.e cancelled credit cards, GNC card and Kroger reward card) since DD LOVES to take DH's wallet and play. HTH

hudsonam
11-20-2006, 04:22 PM
My DS loves that basketball hoop for the bath... well, he did for about a week, but that's the usual, right? ;)

I ditto the suggestions here. I have a DS, so my expertise is a little different, but it sounds like you've covered the important stuff. :)

hillview
11-20-2006, 04:54 PM
DS is going to be 18 months:

- geotrax
- duplo legos
- playsilks
- books
- aquadoodle
- crayons

Not on my list but might work for DD?
- easel
- those crawl through tubes to play games with

newnana
11-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Mind if I ask which groceries you got? We are also doing the shopping cart.
I also am getting DD a little broom and dustpan. She is obsessed with the regular one. It came in a FP kit with some other stuff that may be too small, so we'll just do part of it now.

I second the Magnadoodle. There is one by the Little People that is for 2+ that is on sale right now at Target for $12.99. I'm thinking of getting that.

Otherwise our list looks a lot like yours. Oh, and we're getting the Leapfrog fridge phonics.

ETA: Another thing they have at Target that I would love to get DD is the drum that is clear and holds some other musical instruments. I think she would love it but DH thinks he would hate it :)

Great list!
Michelle

Tracey
11-20-2006, 05:02 PM
How about a doctor's kit, musical instruments, or a Bilibo?

BeachBum
11-20-2006, 06:09 PM
DS is only 14 mo, but our list is similar.

I also have some musical instruments (bells, drum, egg shakers), and some stockmar crayons and playdough on our list for stocking stuffers.

traciann
11-21-2006, 12:20 AM
I just bought DD (almost 19 months) an eight dollar umbrella stroller, and she is in LOVE. She has not stopped playing with it since we got it on friday. We have a little tykes grocery cart but the stroller is easier for her to push around.

scoop22
11-21-2006, 01:04 PM
cleaning set.
bath toys
frig magnets
b-ball hoop.
doctors kit.

there is so much out there. pp has great ideas.

http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png