PDA

View Full Version : What other small-ish items to go with these large items for b-day and Christmas?

hudsonam
11-20-2006, 04:14 PM
For my son's 2nd birthday (12/23) and Christmas, here is what we've gotten him so far:

Step 2 kitchen set (from Craigslist)
Train table (no trains - from Craigslist)
"Big Boy" furniture and bedding (this is counting as some of his gift - a lot of his gift)
one Eric Carle book
one DVD (Emmitt Otter's Jugband Christmas - Ok, so this one is more for me then him ;-))
a harmonica and train engine for his stocking

He loves cars, so I'll be getting him more Matchbox cars for his stocking. I would like to get a train set for the table - any suggestions? He'll be getting a Geotraxx set from my parents, and I think some from my SIL as well. He has one small wooden train set from Ikea. I just want to have something new ON the table when we give it to him.

Anything else you can think of, besides stocking stuffers (cars, mini playdoh, etc)? He's also getting a Mr. Potato Head from my parents, or I'd get him one of those. I'm torn about Playdoh, because he loves it, but I hate it because he's too young to understand that it dries out, so he wants to leave it out all day and then it's dry and all over the place in little bits and pieces. :P I'd like to spend another $50 or so.

TIA!

C99
11-20-2006, 09:21 PM
If you have the IKEA train track, I'd recommend getting more of that because it isn't really compatible with the Brio/Thomas/Kidkraft train tracks (IKEA tracksets use plastic connectors, whereas the other 3 use wood - we had both and I got frustrated trying to use both that I packed all the IKEA trackset to use at grandma's house). A train whistle, engineer's cap, some Thomas DVDs or books, the complete The Rev RW Audry book of Thomas stories, to go with the train table.

To go with the kitchen set, uou could also get some food and/or pots and pans for the kitchen set. I bought DS a set of stainless steel pots and pans and set of bakeware from IKEA to give for Christmas, but I've seen other sets at Target, Magic Cabin, Land of Nod, etc. Ppssibly a personalized apron and/or chef's hat, or some miniature hot mitts to go with the kitchen.

redhookmom
11-20-2006, 09:42 PM
How about a big wood truck?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/36591.jpg