PDA

View Full Version : Would you get your son the bitty twin boys?

JennSimm
11-20-2006, 08:07 PM
I have twin boys who will be 3 in Jan. I am thinking of getting the bitty baby twin boys. They love to play with my youngest daughters dolls. She is 10, but has had bitty baby since she was 2, and got the twin girls when they first came out. She really doesnt play with them anymore, but the boys love them!! Should I get them their own?? My DH would have a MAJOR FREAK OUT, as my 13 yr old would say!

Jenn

SnuggleBuggles
11-20-2006, 08:29 PM
That's question #2 today on "girl" toys for boys. I think it is totally fine across the board. My ds got a Graco doll when he wa 2 and some little babies last year. I think it is a great idea for boys to have toys like this since it encourages other avenues of play. Btw, it was my dh who picked out the dolls for dh and he had dolls as a kid too (Cabbage Patch).

Beth

betsydenny
11-20-2006, 09:44 PM
My son plays with his "babies" far more than my DD does or ever did. She is almost 4 and he is 2.5. Went to a toy store this weekend and he was mesmerized by the baby center- bath, highchair, cradle... while DD walked right by without a second look.
Go for it!
As it says in Free to Be You and Me, boys may someday grow up to be Daddys!
Betsy

brittone2
11-20-2006, 10:17 PM
let your husband freak out and get them LOL.

DS plays with an old doll of mine. He really enjoys a small simple waldorf style bunting doll I made him though. Before I was even pregnant with #2 he named her "baby sister" on his own (she's red and has a hood, no hair, so non-gendered, but he designated her a sister anyway LOL).

She's smallish and cuddly...he often sleeps with her.

Anyway, I love that he tries to nurture his doll...he shares "nursies" with her, he has carried her in a sling (made w/ a playsilk), etc.

I've contemplated getting him a full sized Waldorf doll as well. I wouldn't hesitate one bit to encourage doll play for boys...especially if they are already showing an interest.

Beth568
11-20-2006, 10:40 PM
I think that's a terrific idea.

Whenever I hear someone (especially a man, and even more so a dad) get bent out of shape about boys playing with dolls, I ask why the idea of a child pretending to be a father could possibly be disturbing. Usually shuts them right up. ;)

kijip
11-21-2006, 01:29 AM
As I am looking at his right now, the answer would be yes. ;)

JennSimm
11-21-2006, 07:28 AM
Thank you all!! I am going to order them today!