PDA

View Full Version : Cozy Coupe indoors - will it wreck my hardwood floors?

neeter
11-21-2006, 08:41 AM
I got this DS a while back and keep forgetting to assemble it...we might give it to him for Xmas, but now that its cold, the only way for him to really play with it would be indoors. I'm just worried the plastic wheels will mess up our hardwood floors?

Anyone btdt? Or is there anything I can do to prevent it?

Otherwise we might just sell it on craigslist and use the $$ towards a puky in the spring...

TIA!

Momof3Labs
11-21-2006, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't risk my hardwood floors, honestly (we also have hardwood throughout our house). Why not wait and give it to him in the spring? Or do you have a basement where he can run it around?

AJs Mommy
11-21-2006, 10:38 AM
We have had the Police Car for 3 years and my 2 & 4 yr old boys have played with it nearly single day on my lovely, new hardwood floors and they haven't done any damage to it whatsoever. It has big plastic tires which don't scratch the floor and haven't left any black marks-but I think the key is keeping the floor clean because any hard particles (like dirt & sand) could scratch the finish if they are dragged around under the tires (or little feet). Also, since it was a Christmas present it was too cold to use it outside, so it has been used exclusively indoors, and we never had to worry about bringing in dirt, etc from outside.

Tondi G
11-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Ditto! We have a police car that was DS #1 and DS #2 is using it now. It's been used indoors and out and there has been no damage to the floors at all!

neeter
11-21-2006, 02:22 PM
thanks...lori that's my gut to not risk the floors...but if you guys have done it without a problem, maybe its okay! why am i so undecided on this issue?

another concern is how big this car is!! will it get in the way, indoors...or will my kid love it so much it doesn't matter! LOL! :)

thanks for your input!!

DebbieJ
11-21-2006, 07:04 PM
I'm with Lori. I wouldn't risk it, especially if your floors are not oak.

My maple floors are a disaster thanks to my son. :(

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg