PDA

View Full Version : train? for a almost 2yr old and 6 yr old

ccommer
11-21-2006, 05:33 PM
i am wondering about a train for my 21mo old, the problem? he is a little to little for a train, although he does play with them at other places.
i could get a train for a younger child, but is this a waste of money? i also have a 6 1/2 yr old, we never did the train thing for him earlier, i think he would still play with it now
should i go ahead and do the train thing this year for the two of them, even though the little one is a little young???
thanks

hudsonam
11-21-2006, 07:56 PM
My DS is 23 months and loves playing with train sets. I think it would be a great idea to get them a set to share. I got a table on Craigslist.com and just got an amazing deal on a brand new Brio set plus some extra trains on ebay. HTH!

brittone2
11-21-2006, 10:05 PM
My DS started playing with trains pretty regularly by 18ish months. He got his train table when he was a few weeks shy of 2 and it worked out well for us. It is something to grow into IMO. Like a lot of things, DS's play was simple initially and expanded as he matured.

KrisM
11-21-2006, 11:01 PM
DS got his Thomas style train for Christmas last year - 20 months. He loved it right away and plays with it every day. We are drowning in trains.